Paul Walker's Car Wreckage Thief Sentenced to Six Months in Jail
A man named Jameson Brooks Witty, 18, has been sentenced to six months in jail after stealing a piece of Paul Walker's wrecked Porsche Carrera GT. Another defendant named Anthony Edward Janow, 26, is expected to receive the same sentence when he goes before a judge on October 23.
In a video obtained by TMZ, the two suspects can be seen pulling off parts of the Porsche Carrera GT as a tow truck which carried the wreckage stopped at traffic lights in Santa Clarita, California. After the thievery happened, driver of the tow truck reported the crime to Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station.
The report read, "At one point the driver of the tow truck stopped at the red light E/B Newhall Ranch Road at McBean Parkway. A witness saw a male exit a vehicle that was following the tow truck. The male grabbed a piece of the wrecked Porsche off the tow truck bed. The male drove away with the stolen vehicle part."
In previous news, Jameson and Anthony pleaded no contest to misdemeanour charges on destroying evidence and resisting or delaying a police officer.
Paul died after his car crashed into a light standard and burst into flames in Santa Clarita, California on November 30, 2013. His friend, Roger Rodas, who drove the car was also killed in the crash.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic