Paul Walker's Car Wreckage Thief Sentenced to Six Months in Jail
A man named Jameson Brooks Witty, 18, has been sentenced to six months in jail after stealing a piece of Paul Walker's wrecked Porsche Carrera GT. Another defendant named Anthony Edward Janow, 26, is expected to receive the same sentence when he goes before a judge on October 23.
In a video obtained by TMZ, the two suspects can be seen pulling off parts of the Porsche Carrera GT as a tow truck which carried the wreckage stopped at traffic lights in Santa Clarita, California. After the thievery happened, driver of the tow truck reported the crime to Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station.
The report read, "At one point the driver of the tow truck stopped at the red light E/B Newhall Ranch Road at McBean Parkway. A witness saw a male exit a vehicle that was following the tow truck. The male grabbed a piece of the wrecked Porsche off the tow truck bed. The male drove away with the stolen vehicle part."
In previous news, Jameson and Anthony pleaded no contest to misdemeanour charges on destroying evidence and resisting or delaying a police officer.
Paul died after his car crashed into a light standard and burst into flames in Santa Clarita, California on November 30, 2013. His friend, Roger Rodas, who drove the car was also killed in the crash.
More Paul Walker News
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer