Radio Icon Casey Kasem to Be Buried in Norway
Radio legend Casey Kasem will be buried in Oslo, Norway following his death in a hospital in Gig Harbor, Wash. on June 15. Norwegian newspaper VG first reported that Casey's widow Jean Kasem had planned to send the body to the European country, quoting a Norwegian official named Wenche Madsen Eriksson who said, "It is arranged. He's going to Oslo."
News of the Norwegian burial has been confirmed by Logan Clarke, a private investigator hired by Kerri Kasem. "He's going to be buried in Norway," Clarke told The Hollywood Reporter. The Norwegian official denied to specify which cemetery in the original piece.
Kasem's children from his first marriage and his widow Jean have been having feud over his care. The drama escalated when Jean transported the ailing former radio host to the state of Washington without telling the children.
After Casey's death at the age of 82, the body was kept at the Gaffney Funeral Home in Tacoma, Wash. Kerri obtained a temporary restraining order preventing the body to be cremated amid suspicion of elder abuse, but it was too late as the body had been moved to Montreal.
"We don't know what [Jean Kasem's] plans are. We just know that she wants to keep Casey away from [his] family and friends and by the looks of it, hiding from law enforcement," said a spokesperson for Kerri, Danny Deraney. Mike Kasem, meanwhile, said that his father's wishes to be buried in Forest Lawn should be respected.
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert