Radio Icon Casey Kasem to Be Buried in Norway
Radio legend Casey Kasem will be buried in Oslo, Norway following his death in a hospital in Gig Harbor, Wash. on June 15. Norwegian newspaper VG first reported that Casey's widow Jean Kasem had planned to send the body to the European country, quoting a Norwegian official named Wenche Madsen Eriksson who said, "It is arranged. He's going to Oslo."
News of the Norwegian burial has been confirmed by Logan Clarke, a private investigator hired by Kerri Kasem. "He's going to be buried in Norway," Clarke told The Hollywood Reporter. The Norwegian official denied to specify which cemetery in the original piece.
Kasem's children from his first marriage and his widow Jean have been having feud over his care. The drama escalated when Jean transported the ailing former radio host to the state of Washington without telling the children.
After Casey's death at the age of 82, the body was kept at the Gaffney Funeral Home in Tacoma, Wash. Kerri obtained a temporary restraining order preventing the body to be cremated amid suspicion of elder abuse, but it was too late as the body had been moved to Montreal.
"We don't know what [Jean Kasem's] plans are. We just know that she wants to keep Casey away from [his] family and friends and by the looks of it, hiding from law enforcement," said a spokesperson for Kerri, Danny Deraney. Mike Kasem, meanwhile, said that his father's wishes to be buried in Forest Lawn should be respected.
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective