Robin Williams to Be Memorialized in 'World of Warcraft'
Robin Williams will live on in video game "World of Warcraft". Blizzard Entertainment has responded to an online petition posted on Change.org which asked the game's creator to feature the late actor who was also a game enthusiast as a character.
Noting that Williams was an avid fan of "World of Warcraft", the petition's creator Jacob Holgate wrote, "Because of his presence within our community, we the players of World of Warcraft are asking Blizzard to kindly create an NPC [nonplayable character] within the game that memorializes the late actor-comedian." The online petition was signed by nearly 11,000 people.
On Wednesday, the game maker gave a positive response to the request. "@robinwilliams Thank you. You gave us so much joy in our lives, and we hope you enjoyed your time in our world. We'll see you in-game," they tweeted. There's still no details in regards to the form of the tribute.
In related news, a fan also has petitioned Nintendo to name a character in the next "Legend of Zelda" game after the late Oscar-winning actor. The petition, which was launched by Australian gamer Nick Schaedel on Change.org a few hours after news of Williams' passing broke out, reads, "He won't get to play [the game], but he'll live on forever in a universe he always loved." The petition is only a thousand shy from its target.
Williams once explained that his daughter Zelda Williams is named after the game. "A lot of people come up and say, 'Is she named after F. Scott Fitzgerald's wife?' No. It's Zelda for 'The Legend of Zelda'," the "Night at the Museum" star said.
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army