Justin Bieber Pleads Guilty in Florida Case
Justin Bieber struck a plea deal in his DUI case. The 20-year-old pop star agreed to plead guilty to resisting arrest without violence and careless driving following his arrest in Miami Beach, Fla. seven months ago. His charge of driving without valid license was dropped when he could show he has a valid one.
As a part of the deal, Bieber will have to attend a 12-hour anger management course, pay a $500 fine and court costs as well as make a $50,000 donation to charity, which he already did. Bieber was not present during the hearing on Wednesday, August 13.
Miami-Dade County Judge William Altfield hoped Bieber could be a positive influence to his young fans following the case. As reported by The Associated Press, Altfield said, "I hope that he realizes that his actions not only lead to consequences that affect him but they lead to consequences that affect others that are looking up to him as a role model. He just hopefully will get the message. He will grow up. He will use his talents positively for young persons."
Bieber's attorney Howard Srebnick replied that he would relay the message to the pop star. "We will turn this into a positive experience. We're relieved that it's over," he was quoted as saying.
The Canadian star's legal trouble started after he got arrested on January 23 for an alleged drag racing alongside his friend Khalil Sharieff. Back then, he admitted to taking prescription medication and urine analysis showed he had anti-anxiety drug Xanax and marijuana in his system.
More Justin Bieber News
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host