Justin Bieber Pleads Guilty in Florida Case
Justin Bieber struck a plea deal in his DUI case. The 20-year-old pop star agreed to plead guilty to resisting arrest without violence and careless driving following his arrest in Miami Beach, Fla. seven months ago. His charge of driving without valid license was dropped when he could show he has a valid one.
As a part of the deal, Bieber will have to attend a 12-hour anger management course, pay a $500 fine and court costs as well as make a $50,000 donation to charity, which he already did. Bieber was not present during the hearing on Wednesday, August 13.
Miami-Dade County Judge William Altfield hoped Bieber could be a positive influence to his young fans following the case. As reported by The Associated Press, Altfield said, "I hope that he realizes that his actions not only lead to consequences that affect him but they lead to consequences that affect others that are looking up to him as a role model. He just hopefully will get the message. He will grow up. He will use his talents positively for young persons."
Bieber's attorney Howard Srebnick replied that he would relay the message to the pop star. "We will turn this into a positive experience. We're relieved that it's over," he was quoted as saying.
The Canadian star's legal trouble started after he got arrested on January 23 for an alleged drag racing alongside his friend Khalil Sharieff. Back then, he admitted to taking prescription medication and urine analysis showed he had anti-anxiety drug Xanax and marijuana in his system.
More Justin Bieber News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna