'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Adds the World's Smallest Woman Jyoti Amge
The World's Smallest Woman Jyoti Amge is the latest addition to "American Horror Story: Freak Show". The 20-year-old resident of Nagpur, India has joined the cast for the fourth season of the FX anthology series.
Series co-creator Ryan Murphy announced the news on Twitter, posting a photo of Jessica Lange with her new co-star on Wednesday, August 13. "Jessica and our newest cast member Jyoti Amge...the world's smallest woman," he captioned the pic. Amge's role is not revealed yet.
Amge was officially declared the world's smallest woman by Guinness Book of Records with a height of 2 ft 0.6 in (62.8 cm) on her 18th birthday, December 16, 2011. Her restricted height is due to a growth anomaly called achondroplasia. She has appeared on "Chelsea Lately" and was featured in 2009's documentary "Body Shock: Two Foot High Teen".
"Freak Show" recently cast Grammy-winning singer Patti LaBelle as the mother of Gabourey Sidibe's character. Other stars on the show include Sarah Paulson, Michael Chiklis, Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Emma Roberts, John Carroll Lynch and Finn Wittrock.
The new season of "American Horror Story" will premiere October on FX. The story is set in Florida in 1950 and centering on Lange's Elsa Mars, a German ex-pat who is managing the freak show.
More American Horror Story News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered