'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Adds the World's Smallest Woman Jyoti Amge
The World's Smallest Woman Jyoti Amge is the latest addition to "American Horror Story: Freak Show". The 20-year-old resident of Nagpur, India has joined the cast for the fourth season of the FX anthology series.
Series co-creator Ryan Murphy announced the news on Twitter, posting a photo of Jessica Lange with her new co-star on Wednesday, August 13. "Jessica and our newest cast member Jyoti Amge...the world's smallest woman," he captioned the pic. Amge's role is not revealed yet.
Amge was officially declared the world's smallest woman by Guinness Book of Records with a height of 2 ft 0.6 in (62.8 cm) on her 18th birthday, December 16, 2011. Her restricted height is due to a growth anomaly called achondroplasia. She has appeared on "Chelsea Lately" and was featured in 2009's documentary "Body Shock: Two Foot High Teen".
"Freak Show" recently cast Grammy-winning singer Patti LaBelle as the mother of Gabourey Sidibe's character. Other stars on the show include Sarah Paulson, Michael Chiklis, Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Emma Roberts, John Carroll Lynch and Finn Wittrock.
The new season of "American Horror Story" will premiere October on FX. The story is set in Florida in 1950 and centering on Lange's Elsa Mars, a German ex-pat who is managing the freak show.
More American Horror Story News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie