Kings of Leon Cancels More Shows as Drummer Recovers From Broken Ribs
Kings of Leon is taking a two-week break from touring after their bus got involved in an accident last weekend. The band has canceled nine shows on their "Mechanical Bull" tour on the orders of drummer Nathan Followill's doctor.
"The process is now to rest in order for healing to take place," the doctor said in a statement. "To avoid complications and to make a full recovery, a break from performing to Aug. 28 is necessary."
Followill broke his ribs in the accident which took place after he and his bandmates played a show in Boston. The group subsequently canceled their August 10 gig in Saratoga Springs, New York. "Thank you for all of the get well soons. I'm a little banged up but will be back better than ever," Followill thanked fans for their support on Twitter after the news broke.
Other canceled dates include Kings of Leon's shows in Wantagh, Bristow, Cincinnati and Indianapolis. Their scheduled appearance on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon", however, will still continue as planned on August 12. Questlove, the leader of the late night show's house band, is set to join the rockers and play the drums during the performance of "Family Tree".
Followill, along with other KoL members, is expected to continue their tour on August 28 in Holmdel, New Jersey.
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video