Kings of Leon Cancels More Shows as Drummer Recovers From Broken Ribs
Kings of Leon is taking a two-week break from touring after their bus got involved in an accident last weekend. The band has canceled nine shows on their "Mechanical Bull" tour on the orders of drummer Nathan Followill's doctor.
"The process is now to rest in order for healing to take place," the doctor said in a statement. "To avoid complications and to make a full recovery, a break from performing to Aug. 28 is necessary."
Followill broke his ribs in the accident which took place after he and his bandmates played a show in Boston. The group subsequently canceled their August 10 gig in Saratoga Springs, New York. "Thank you for all of the get well soons. I'm a little banged up but will be back better than ever," Followill thanked fans for their support on Twitter after the news broke.
Other canceled dates include Kings of Leon's shows in Wantagh, Bristow, Cincinnati and Indianapolis. Their scheduled appearance on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon", however, will still continue as planned on August 12. Questlove, the leader of the late night show's house band, is set to join the rockers and play the drums during the performance of "Family Tree".
Followill, along with other KoL members, is expected to continue their tour on August 28 in Holmdel, New Jersey.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special