Kings of Leon Cancels More Shows as Drummer Recovers From Broken Ribs
Kings of Leon is taking a two-week break from touring after their bus got involved in an accident last weekend. The band has canceled nine shows on their "Mechanical Bull" tour on the orders of drummer Nathan Followill's doctor.
"The process is now to rest in order for healing to take place," the doctor said in a statement. "To avoid complications and to make a full recovery, a break from performing to Aug. 28 is necessary."
Followill broke his ribs in the accident which took place after he and his bandmates played a show in Boston. The group subsequently canceled their August 10 gig in Saratoga Springs, New York. "Thank you for all of the get well soons. I'm a little banged up but will be back better than ever," Followill thanked fans for their support on Twitter after the news broke.
Other canceled dates include Kings of Leon's shows in Wantagh, Bristow, Cincinnati and Indianapolis. Their scheduled appearance on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon", however, will still continue as planned on August 12. Questlove, the leader of the late night show's house band, is set to join the rockers and play the drums during the performance of "Family Tree".
Followill, along with other KoL members, is expected to continue their tour on August 28 in Holmdel, New Jersey.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby