Kings of Leon Cancels More Shows as Drummer Recovers From Broken Ribs
Kings of Leon is taking a two-week break from touring after their bus got involved in an accident last weekend. The band has canceled nine shows on their "Mechanical Bull" tour on the orders of drummer Nathan Followill's doctor.
"The process is now to rest in order for healing to take place," the doctor said in a statement. "To avoid complications and to make a full recovery, a break from performing to Aug. 28 is necessary."
Followill broke his ribs in the accident which took place after he and his bandmates played a show in Boston. The group subsequently canceled their August 10 gig in Saratoga Springs, New York. "Thank you for all of the get well soons. I'm a little banged up but will be back better than ever," Followill thanked fans for their support on Twitter after the news broke.
Other canceled dates include Kings of Leon's shows in Wantagh, Bristow, Cincinnati and Indianapolis. Their scheduled appearance on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon", however, will still continue as planned on August 12. Questlove, the leader of the late night show's house band, is set to join the rockers and play the drums during the performance of "Family Tree".
Followill, along with other KoL members, is expected to continue their tour on August 28 in Holmdel, New Jersey.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March