Chris Pratt Was Wanted for 'Chuck'
Chris Pratt could've been your beloved TV nerd, Chuck. Josh Schwartz, who co-created the NBC action comedy series, has just revealed that he initially wanted the "Guardians of the Galaxy" star to play the title character on "Chuck" after working with him on "The O.C." final season.
"He was the first guy I wanted to play Chuck. But as fate would have it, he was destined to guard the galaxy, not the Buy More," Schwartz told Hitfix in an interview about Pratt. "And might I add, couldn't happen to a nicer guy."
Schwartz also explained why they cast the husband of Anna Faris on "The O.C." in the first place. "When he became available, we created the role of Che with him in mind. We were looking to inject some real humor back into the show, and Chris was just one of the funniest guys around," he shared. "He was also super charming and so fun to watch -- we kept coming up with reasons to keep him on the show because he was so good. And all the other actors really loved him too."
Zachary Levi eventually landed the role of Chuck. The spy drama ran for five seasons from 2007-2012.
While Pratt now leads the Guardians of the Galaxy, Levi also has a role in another Marvel film, "Thor: The Dark World", replacing Josh Dallas as Fandral. Levi was about to play the character in the first Thor film, but had to bow out due to scheduling conflicts with "Chuck".
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers