Chris Pratt Was Wanted for 'Chuck'
Chris Pratt could've been your beloved TV nerd, Chuck. Josh Schwartz, who co-created the NBC action comedy series, has just revealed that he initially wanted the "Guardians of the Galaxy" star to play the title character on "Chuck" after working with him on "The O.C." final season.
"He was the first guy I wanted to play Chuck. But as fate would have it, he was destined to guard the galaxy, not the Buy More," Schwartz told Hitfix in an interview about Pratt. "And might I add, couldn't happen to a nicer guy."
Schwartz also explained why they cast the husband of Anna Faris on "The O.C." in the first place. "When he became available, we created the role of Che with him in mind. We were looking to inject some real humor back into the show, and Chris was just one of the funniest guys around," he shared. "He was also super charming and so fun to watch -- we kept coming up with reasons to keep him on the show because he was so good. And all the other actors really loved him too."
Zachary Levi eventually landed the role of Chuck. The spy drama ran for five seasons from 2007-2012.
While Pratt now leads the Guardians of the Galaxy, Levi also has a role in another Marvel film, "Thor: The Dark World", replacing Josh Dallas as Fandral. Levi was about to play the character in the first Thor film, but had to bow out due to scheduling conflicts with "Chuck".
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single