Toronto Raptors Fined $25,000 due to Drake's Comments About Kevin Durant
Drake's recent comments about Kevin Durant apparently have led to a fine for The Toronto Raptors. As reported by ESPN, the NBA has imposed a $25,000 fine to the Raptors after his comments at OVO Festival last week in Toronto are deemed a violation to anti-tampering rules.
The "Nothing Was the Same" rapper, who is named Raptors' global ambassador in September 2013, talked about the possibility that Durant might play for the Raptors when the Oklahoma City Thunder star was present at Drake's set. "Before we leave, I just want to show one of my brothers something," the rapper told his fans.
"You know, my brother Kevin Durant was kind enough to come to the show tonight and watch us. I just want him to see what would happen if he came to play in Toronto. Let him know what would happen," he said to the cheering crowd.
Following the show, Drake was accused of calling Rihanna devil after a photo of the "Umbrella" singer appeared on screen alongside the number 6 which flashed three times during his performance of "Day in the East". He, however, denied the allegations, saying, "My album title is 'VIEWS FROM THE 6'. The 6 is Toronto. Rih is a great girl who I know is about to kill this tour with Eminem. It's all love!!"
More Drake News
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'