Toronto Raptors Fined $25,000 due to Drake's Comments About Kevin Durant
Drake's recent comments about Kevin Durant apparently have led to a fine for The Toronto Raptors. As reported by ESPN, the NBA has imposed a $25,000 fine to the Raptors after his comments at OVO Festival last week in Toronto are deemed a violation to anti-tampering rules.
The "Nothing Was the Same" rapper, who is named Raptors' global ambassador in September 2013, talked about the possibility that Durant might play for the Raptors when the Oklahoma City Thunder star was present at Drake's set. "Before we leave, I just want to show one of my brothers something," the rapper told his fans.
"You know, my brother Kevin Durant was kind enough to come to the show tonight and watch us. I just want him to see what would happen if he came to play in Toronto. Let him know what would happen," he said to the cheering crowd.
Following the show, Drake was accused of calling Rihanna devil after a photo of the "Umbrella" singer appeared on screen alongside the number 6 which flashed three times during his performance of "Day in the East". He, however, denied the allegations, saying, "My album title is 'VIEWS FROM THE 6'. The 6 is Toronto. Rih is a great girl who I know is about to kill this tour with Eminem. It's all love!!"
More Drake News
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'