Bob Weir Cancels Shows on Ratdog's Tour due to Unspecified 'Circumstances'
Bob Weir and his band Ratdog have abruptly scrapped all their upcoming tour dates. The guitarist and Grateful Dead co-founder announced the cancellation in a statement posted on Ratdog's Facebook page over the weekend.
"Circumstances have necessitated that all scheduled tour dates for Bob Weir & RatDog are being canceled," the statement read. "Refunds are available at place of purchase. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience."
It's still unclear what circumstances have prompted the group to cancel their tour, which was supposed to open in Boston later this week and include an appearance in Jamaica in January 2015. However, some fans are speculating that Weir's health is the main reason behind the axed gigs.
Last month, the 66-year-old musician missed a Ratdog show at The Palms casino and hotel in Las Vegas due to an illness. Last year, he fell onstage during a New York concert with Furthur, a band he formed with fellow Grateful Dead member Phil Lesh.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna