Bob Weir Cancels Shows on Ratdog's Tour due to Unspecified 'Circumstances'
Bob Weir and his band Ratdog have abruptly scrapped all their upcoming tour dates. The guitarist and Grateful Dead co-founder announced the cancellation in a statement posted on Ratdog's Facebook page over the weekend.
"Circumstances have necessitated that all scheduled tour dates for Bob Weir & RatDog are being canceled," the statement read. "Refunds are available at place of purchase. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience."
It's still unclear what circumstances have prompted the group to cancel their tour, which was supposed to open in Boston later this week and include an appearance in Jamaica in January 2015. However, some fans are speculating that Weir's health is the main reason behind the axed gigs.
Last month, the 66-year-old musician missed a Ratdog show at The Palms casino and hotel in Las Vegas due to an illness. Last year, he fell onstage during a New York concert with Furthur, a band he formed with fellow Grateful Dead member Phil Lesh.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'