Bob Weir Cancels Shows on Ratdog's Tour due to Unspecified 'Circumstances'
Bob Weir and his band Ratdog have abruptly scrapped all their upcoming tour dates. The guitarist and Grateful Dead co-founder announced the cancellation in a statement posted on Ratdog's Facebook page over the weekend.
"Circumstances have necessitated that all scheduled tour dates for Bob Weir & RatDog are being canceled," the statement read. "Refunds are available at place of purchase. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience."
It's still unclear what circumstances have prompted the group to cancel their tour, which was supposed to open in Boston later this week and include an appearance in Jamaica in January 2015. However, some fans are speculating that Weir's health is the main reason behind the axed gigs.
Last month, the 66-year-old musician missed a Ratdog show at The Palms casino and hotel in Las Vegas due to an illness. Last year, he fell onstage during a New York concert with Furthur, a band he formed with fellow Grateful Dead member Phil Lesh.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway