Bob Weir Cancels Shows on Ratdog's Tour due to Unspecified 'Circumstances'
Bob Weir and his band Ratdog have abruptly scrapped all their upcoming tour dates. The guitarist and Grateful Dead co-founder announced the cancellation in a statement posted on Ratdog's Facebook page over the weekend.
"Circumstances have necessitated that all scheduled tour dates for Bob Weir & RatDog are being canceled," the statement read. "Refunds are available at place of purchase. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience."
It's still unclear what circumstances have prompted the group to cancel their tour, which was supposed to open in Boston later this week and include an appearance in Jamaica in January 2015. However, some fans are speculating that Weir's health is the main reason behind the axed gigs.
Last month, the 66-year-old musician missed a Ratdog show at The Palms casino and hotel in Las Vegas due to an illness. Last year, he fell onstage during a New York concert with Furthur, a band he formed with fellow Grateful Dead member Phil Lesh.
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!