Donald Sterling's Petition on Clippers Sale Rejected by Appellate Court
Donald Sterling's petition to stay last month's tentative ruling by a probate judge which approves Shelly Sterling's move to make a deal about L.A. Clippers sale with Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has been rejected by an appeals court. In the decision announced on late Friday, August 8, the California Court of Appeals said, "Presently there is nothing for this court to review."
As reported by L.A. Times, earlier that day, Sterling petitioned to stay the decision and requested a writ to overturn the 1310(b) order which was invoked by Judge Michael Levanas on July 28. The order maintains that the sale will continue and Sterling cannot appeal for the ruling.
Levanas signed a final statement of decision on Thursday which prompted Sterling's team to file their petition. "Once that sale goes through, Donald will have lost a unique and irretrievable asset coveted by high net worth individuals around the world - one of 30 NBA franchises in the country, and one that under Donald's 30-year ownership has recently become one of the most successful," the petition read.
Levanas, however, vacated the final statement on Friday, noting miscommunication between him and Sterling's attorneys. They now have time until August 13 to voice their objections. The sale is expected to be completed by August 15.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound