Donald Sterling's Petition on Clippers Sale Rejected by Appellate Court
Donald Sterling's petition to stay last month's tentative ruling by a probate judge which approves Shelly Sterling's move to make a deal about L.A. Clippers sale with Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has been rejected by an appeals court. In the decision announced on late Friday, August 8, the California Court of Appeals said, "Presently there is nothing for this court to review."
As reported by L.A. Times, earlier that day, Sterling petitioned to stay the decision and requested a writ to overturn the 1310(b) order which was invoked by Judge Michael Levanas on July 28. The order maintains that the sale will continue and Sterling cannot appeal for the ruling.
Levanas signed a final statement of decision on Thursday which prompted Sterling's team to file their petition. "Once that sale goes through, Donald will have lost a unique and irretrievable asset coveted by high net worth individuals around the world - one of 30 NBA franchises in the country, and one that under Donald's 30-year ownership has recently become one of the most successful," the petition read.
Levanas, however, vacated the final statement on Friday, noting miscommunication between him and Sterling's attorneys. They now have time until August 13 to voice their objections. The sale is expected to be completed by August 15.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?