Amal Alamuddin 'Happy' but 'Worried' About Marriage to George Clooney
George Clooney and fiancee Amal Alamuddin have gotten closer to becoming husband and wife as they received their certificate of no impediment (CNI) from U.K. authorities on Thursday, August 7. This means that the government has declared that the "Gravity" actor and his human rights lawyer girlfriend are legally fit to wed.
A source told E! News that the bride-to-be seemed "very happy" when she was at Chelsea Town Hall in London last month to file an official notice of intent to marry. However, the 36-year-old lawyer was bothered about one thing. She told the registrar that she "was worried about the press finding out the date of the wedding." Fortunately, she wasn't required to specify the marriage date on the public notice.
Alamuddin is reportedly planning to walk down the aisle in a gown by Oscar de la Renta. A source told Page Six that the British lawyer's good friends with the designer so she wanted "to give him some attention." Meanwhile, the groom will wear an outfit by Armani. According to WWD, the designer's team flew from their Milan office to Clooney's home in Laglio, Italy to do fittings with the "Burn After Reading" star and his male attendants for the September wedding.
A source said that Anna Wintour, Vogue's editor-in-chief, will be attending the nuptials. The wedding will be featured in an upcoming issue of the fashion magazine. "She wouldn't go there and not cover it," the source said.
Clooney and his fiancee are going to have an intimate ceremony in his Lake Como house. The actor has reportedly secured "an entire island" for the festivities. "They're going to have top security, but include a really small group. Very intimate, and mostly family," a source said.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'