Amal Alamuddin 'Happy' but 'Worried' About Marriage to George Clooney
George Clooney and fiancee Amal Alamuddin have gotten closer to becoming husband and wife as they received their certificate of no impediment (CNI) from U.K. authorities on Thursday, August 7. This means that the government has declared that the "Gravity" actor and his human rights lawyer girlfriend are legally fit to wed.
A source told E! News that the bride-to-be seemed "very happy" when she was at Chelsea Town Hall in London last month to file an official notice of intent to marry. However, the 36-year-old lawyer was bothered about one thing. She told the registrar that she "was worried about the press finding out the date of the wedding." Fortunately, she wasn't required to specify the marriage date on the public notice.
Alamuddin is reportedly planning to walk down the aisle in a gown by Oscar de la Renta. A source told Page Six that the British lawyer's good friends with the designer so she wanted "to give him some attention." Meanwhile, the groom will wear an outfit by Armani. According to WWD, the designer's team flew from their Milan office to Clooney's home in Laglio, Italy to do fittings with the "Burn After Reading" star and his male attendants for the September wedding.
A source said that Anna Wintour, Vogue's editor-in-chief, will be attending the nuptials. The wedding will be featured in an upcoming issue of the fashion magazine. "She wouldn't go there and not cover it," the source said.
Clooney and his fiancee are going to have an intimate ceremony in his Lake Como house. The actor has reportedly secured "an entire island" for the festivities. "They're going to have top security, but include a really small group. Very intimate, and mostly family," a source said.
More George Clooney News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns