'There's Something About Mary' Star Danny Murphy Dies From Cancer
Actor Danny Murphy, who probably is mostly remembered for his role in comedy "There's Someting About Mary" alongside Ben Stiller and Cameron Diaz, has passed away. According to his agent, Cynthia Kazarian, the quadriplegic actor passed away from cancer in Florida.
Murphy was born on August 20, 1955. He became quadriplegic due to a diving accident when he was 19. Murphy only started his career in the entertainment industry much later in his life by appearing in the Farrelly brothers' 1996 flick "Kingpin".
Peter Farrelly, who is also a close friend of the late actor, remembered his dear friend in an interview with New York Daily News, calling him "the bravest guy I ever knew in my life." Farrelly, who was also present during the accident which changed Murphy's life, also shared that his friend stayed positive despite the difficult situation, saying, "I never once heard him complain about his lot in life."
In the interview, the director additionally talked about how Murphy had fun on the set of "Kingpin" which also starred Bill Murray, Randy Quaid and Woody Harrelson. "Bill Murray was very kind to him on the set and they were always joking around. When his shoot was over, and when he had to leave that day, it was one of the few days I'd ever seen him upset," Farrelly said.
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image