'There's Something About Mary' Star Danny Murphy Dies From Cancer
Actor Danny Murphy, who probably is mostly remembered for his role in comedy "There's Someting About Mary" alongside Ben Stiller and Cameron Diaz, has passed away. According to his agent, Cynthia Kazarian, the quadriplegic actor passed away from cancer in Florida.
Murphy was born on August 20, 1955. He became quadriplegic due to a diving accident when he was 19. Murphy only started his career in the entertainment industry much later in his life by appearing in the Farrelly brothers' 1996 flick "Kingpin".
Peter Farrelly, who is also a close friend of the late actor, remembered his dear friend in an interview with New York Daily News, calling him "the bravest guy I ever knew in my life." Farrelly, who was also present during the accident which changed Murphy's life, also shared that his friend stayed positive despite the difficult situation, saying, "I never once heard him complain about his lot in life."
In the interview, the director additionally talked about how Murphy had fun on the set of "Kingpin" which also starred Bill Murray, Randy Quaid and Woody Harrelson. "Bill Murray was very kind to him on the set and they were always joking around. When his shoot was over, and when he had to leave that day, it was one of the few days I'd ever seen him upset," Farrelly said.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce