'There's Something About Mary' Star Danny Murphy Dies From Cancer
Actor Danny Murphy, who probably is mostly remembered for his role in comedy "There's Someting About Mary" alongside Ben Stiller and Cameron Diaz, has passed away. According to his agent, Cynthia Kazarian, the quadriplegic actor passed away from cancer in Florida.
Murphy was born on August 20, 1955. He became quadriplegic due to a diving accident when he was 19. Murphy only started his career in the entertainment industry much later in his life by appearing in the Farrelly brothers' 1996 flick "Kingpin".
Peter Farrelly, who is also a close friend of the late actor, remembered his dear friend in an interview with New York Daily News, calling him "the bravest guy I ever knew in my life." Farrelly, who was also present during the accident which changed Murphy's life, also shared that his friend stayed positive despite the difficult situation, saying, "I never once heard him complain about his lot in life."
In the interview, the director additionally talked about how Murphy had fun on the set of "Kingpin" which also starred Bill Murray, Randy Quaid and Woody Harrelson. "Bill Murray was very kind to him on the set and they were always joking around. When his shoot was over, and when he had to leave that day, it was one of the few days I'd ever seen him upset," Farrelly said.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked