Judge Banned From the Bench for Leaking Charlize Theron Adoption Details
Circuit Judge Mike Maggio, who leaked confidential details about an adoption involving Charlize Theron in 2012, has agreed to step down from his job as a judge. If Supreme Court approves the settlement, the Arkansas judge will be suspended with pay for the remainder of 2014 before leaving his office.
The Arkansas Judicial Discipline and Disability Commission stated that Mike, who used pseudonym "geauxjudge" on an online forum for Louisana State University sports, revealed that Theron had adopted a child in Faulkner County. When another user asked him, "Did she get herself a black baby?" Mike replied, "Yep."
Charlize has not issued any response to Mike's settlement.
Back in March, Mike admitted his fault. He said in a statement, "I take full responsibility for the comments that have been attributed to me. I apologize deeply for my lapse in personal judgment and for that, I have no excuse. The comments posted were not acceptable. These comments are not a reflection of who I am."
According to documents obtained by Arkansas Times, Mike made "improper comments as a sitting judge" which included "improper jokes and posts about sex with bi-polar women, suggesting a gift of 'lube, beer and blow' when asked about potential ideas for a wedding present, a non-consensual 'rodeo sex' reference, incest references, how sex with teachers is like trophy hunting for teenage boys and how women make divorce decisions based on 'emotions' rather than business sense."
More Charlize Theron News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked