Actress Tisha Campbell-Martin Reveals She Was Raped at Age 3
Actress Tisha Campbell-Martin opened up about being raped at the age of three when she appeared in an episode of "The Daily Helpline" recently. The actress, who is mostly remembered for her shows "Martin" and "My Wife & Kids", dropped the bomb when she offered advice to a victim of sexual abuse.
"You can no longer be a victim. You have to be victorious at this point. You can't play the victim because at this point, and I'm not saying this to put you down or anything. What I'm saying is that he is winning, and you are allowing him to win. You are making a conscious decision to harm yourself, to hurt yourself and allow this person to still have dominion over your life. You can't do that anymore," she told the woman.
"The reason why I can absolutely say this to you without judgment or anything else is, and this is the first time I have ever admitted this on camera in front of millions of people is that I too have been a victim of the same thing," she went on saying.
"When I was three I was raped, by an older person. Now, I knew as child I did nothing wrong and that this wasn't my fault, but I have found forgiveness in the guilt that I might've had. I felt like, did I pull this in? Did I do something? At three years old? No. It's a heinous crime," the mother of two added.
The 45-year-old star is not the only celebrity who bravely shared their story. Earlier this year, Pamela Anderson shocked the guests when she talked about being a victim of multiple assaults at a fundraising event at Cannes Film Festival. Madonna also spoke up about being raped at knifepoint in a magazine interview last year.
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis