Blake Lively Reponds to Martha Stewart's Joke About Her New Career Path
Blake Lively responded to Martha Stewart's previous joke about her new career path as a lifestyle blogger. Blake told E! Online on Wednesday, August 6, "Who doesn't want to be Martha Stewart? Martha Stewart has been a huge inspiration to me my entire life."
"She's a huge source of inspiration for my mom," she continued, "She's how I came to know and love Martha. I always say that Martha Stewart Living is the only magazine I ever had growing up. I never had Tiger Beat or any of that stuff."
Blake explained more about her new career path, "I want to have my own path professionally and even as she said, I'm an actress. I'm doing something totally different so now I sort of have two careers going on and it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out. But really what it is, is I have two passions. And I think ultimately, I will always be doing both, but one is going to be paying the bills better than the other."
The "Green Lantern" actress said of her lifestyle website Preserve, "It was a very natural transition for me. Everything that Preserve is is everything that I grew up around in a big way. My mom is somebody who made everything by hand and anything she didn't make by hand was a discovery and the discovery was often something that was found in a thrift store that was half broken or falling apart. Or it was something an artisan only made a few of, but we couldn't afford so we would just go and look at it every day and one day she would just buy it and hide it from my dad."
In late July, Martha told The Huffington Post about Blake's career choice to be a lifestyle blogger, "I mean, it's stupid, she could be an actress! Why would you want to be me if you could be an actress? I just did a movie yesterday, though - I can't even tell you about it - but I want to be Blake Lively."
More Blake Lively News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences