Prince William Will Donate Full Salary From His Job as Helicopter Pilot to Charity
The palace reveals in a press release published on Thursday, August 7 that Prince William is set to become a helicopter pilot with East Anglian Air Ambulance. William will work as a co-pilot in Spring 2015 after completing a mandatory training period this fall and winter.
William's upcoming job will be based at Cambridge and Norwich Airports where he will fly both day and night shifts. After another training period, the Duke of Cambridge will be qualified to fly as a helicopter commander.
William is the first member of the Royal family who will be formally employed by Bond Air Services. The palace claims the salary that Kate Middleton's husband will receive in the future will be donated "in full" to charity.
William will start training for his Air Transport Pilot's Licence (Helicopter) in September. The training, which is estimated to take at least five months to complete, includes 14 examinations and a flight test.
Although this job will be William's "primary occupation," the palace explains that "his roster will take into account the duties and responsibilities he will continue to undertake on behalf of The Queen, both in the United Kingdom and overseas. The Duke will also continue his work with his patronages and with the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry."
The palace adds that William's job as the helicopter pilot "will build on the duke's operational experience in the Royal Air Force search and rescue force. During this time he undertook more than 150 search and rescue operations."
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger