Prince William Will Donate Full Salary From His Job as Helicopter Pilot to Charity
The palace reveals in a press release published on Thursday, August 7 that Prince William is set to become a helicopter pilot with East Anglian Air Ambulance. William will work as a co-pilot in Spring 2015 after completing a mandatory training period this fall and winter.
William's upcoming job will be based at Cambridge and Norwich Airports where he will fly both day and night shifts. After another training period, the Duke of Cambridge will be qualified to fly as a helicopter commander.
William is the first member of the Royal family who will be formally employed by Bond Air Services. The palace claims the salary that Kate Middleton's husband will receive in the future will be donated "in full" to charity.
William will start training for his Air Transport Pilot's Licence (Helicopter) in September. The training, which is estimated to take at least five months to complete, includes 14 examinations and a flight test.
Although this job will be William's "primary occupation," the palace explains that "his roster will take into account the duties and responsibilities he will continue to undertake on behalf of The Queen, both in the United Kingdom and overseas. The Duke will also continue his work with his patronages and with the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry."
The palace adds that William's job as the helicopter pilot "will build on the duke's operational experience in the Royal Air Force search and rescue force. During this time he undertook more than 150 search and rescue operations."
More Prince William News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie