Adam Sandler Wins Legal Battle Against Former Nanny Who Accused Him of Slavery
Adam Sandler and his company HP Production have won a legal drama against a former nanny who complained about working conditions at his household. As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, a woman named Deanne McDonald started working for the actor's family in 2009. After McDonald left, she raised the issue about her employment.
The "Grown Ups 2" star agreed to settle the matter quietly and paid her $48,000 in 2010. The woman's attorneys also received $32,000 with conditions that she signed a confidentiality agreement. McDonald, however, attempted to terminate the settlement and accused the actor of criminal activity and slavery last year.
An arbitrator later decided that McDonald breached the confidential agreement and she was ordered to give back the money. Earlier this week, the California appeals court upheld the ruling.
In happier news, Sandler recently cheered up an 8-year-old leukemia patient named Grady Lynch by talking to him on the phone. Lynch's family said that the boy was a huge fan of the actor and they posted an online plea asking the actor to get in contact with their child.
A family friend named John Kinnear later shared the good news on his Ask Your Dad blog. "Adam Sandler's people reached out to me earlier today and we were able to get them hooked up with Jeff and his wife Carry. Adam was fantastic and called Grady directly this evening, the two of them hit it off and had a great conversation!" he said.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers