Adam Sandler Wins Legal Battle Against Former Nanny Who Accused Him of Slavery
Adam Sandler and his company HP Production have won a legal drama against a former nanny who complained about working conditions at his household. As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, a woman named Deanne McDonald started working for the actor's family in 2009. After McDonald left, she raised the issue about her employment.
The "Grown Ups 2" star agreed to settle the matter quietly and paid her $48,000 in 2010. The woman's attorneys also received $32,000 with conditions that she signed a confidentiality agreement. McDonald, however, attempted to terminate the settlement and accused the actor of criminal activity and slavery last year.
An arbitrator later decided that McDonald breached the confidential agreement and she was ordered to give back the money. Earlier this week, the California appeals court upheld the ruling.
In happier news, Sandler recently cheered up an 8-year-old leukemia patient named Grady Lynch by talking to him on the phone. Lynch's family said that the boy was a huge fan of the actor and they posted an online plea asking the actor to get in contact with their child.
A family friend named John Kinnear later shared the good news on his Ask Your Dad blog. "Adam Sandler's people reached out to me earlier today and we were able to get them hooked up with Jeff and his wife Carry. Adam was fantastic and called Grady directly this evening, the two of them hit it off and had a great conversation!" he said.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny