Adam Sandler Wins Legal Battle Against Former Nanny Who Accused Him of Slavery
Adam Sandler and his company HP Production have won a legal drama against a former nanny who complained about working conditions at his household. As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, a woman named Deanne McDonald started working for the actor's family in 2009. After McDonald left, she raised the issue about her employment.
The "Grown Ups 2" star agreed to settle the matter quietly and paid her $48,000 in 2010. The woman's attorneys also received $32,000 with conditions that she signed a confidentiality agreement. McDonald, however, attempted to terminate the settlement and accused the actor of criminal activity and slavery last year.
An arbitrator later decided that McDonald breached the confidential agreement and she was ordered to give back the money. Earlier this week, the California appeals court upheld the ruling.
In happier news, Sandler recently cheered up an 8-year-old leukemia patient named Grady Lynch by talking to him on the phone. Lynch's family said that the boy was a huge fan of the actor and they posted an online plea asking the actor to get in contact with their child.
A family friend named John Kinnear later shared the good news on his Ask Your Dad blog. "Adam Sandler's people reached out to me earlier today and we were able to get them hooked up with Jeff and his wife Carry. Adam was fantastic and called Grady directly this evening, the two of them hit it off and had a great conversation!" he said.
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win