Joan Rivers Says Her Comments About Dead Palestinians Were 'Taken Out of Context'
Joan Rivers backtracked her comments about Palestinians who lost their lives during Israel's air strikes, saying that they were taken out of context. In a statement released on her Facebook on Thursday, August 7, the comedian said, "I am both saddened and disappointed that my statement about the tragedy of civilian casualties was totally taken out of context."
"What I said and stand behind is, war is hell and unfortunately civilians are victims of political conflicts," she continued. "The media, as usual, has decided to only quote the most out of context and inflammatory non sequitur rather than giving an accurate account of what my intentions were behind the statement."
The "Fashion Star" host made the comments during a brief chat with a cameraman the previous day. "When you declare war, you declare war. They started it. We now don't count who's dead. You're dead. You deserve to be dead. You started it. You started it. Don't you dare make me feel sad about that," Rivers said when she was at LAX.
"You were told to get out, you don't get out, then you know you're an idiot, and at least the ones that were killed were the ones with very low IQs," she said further.
As reported by CNN, Palestinian Ministry of Health said that per Thursday there were 1,888 people, including 446 children, died and 9,804 people were injured because of the attacks in Gaza. Israeli officials said 64 soldiers and three civilians died in the ongoing conflicts.
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says