Joan Rivers Says Her Comments About Dead Palestinians Were 'Taken Out of Context'
Joan Rivers backtracked her comments about Palestinians who lost their lives during Israel's air strikes, saying that they were taken out of context. In a statement released on her Facebook on Thursday, August 7, the comedian said, "I am both saddened and disappointed that my statement about the tragedy of civilian casualties was totally taken out of context."
"What I said and stand behind is, war is hell and unfortunately civilians are victims of political conflicts," she continued. "The media, as usual, has decided to only quote the most out of context and inflammatory non sequitur rather than giving an accurate account of what my intentions were behind the statement."
The "Fashion Star" host made the comments during a brief chat with a cameraman the previous day. "When you declare war, you declare war. They started it. We now don't count who's dead. You're dead. You deserve to be dead. You started it. You started it. Don't you dare make me feel sad about that," Rivers said when she was at LAX.
"You were told to get out, you don't get out, then you know you're an idiot, and at least the ones that were killed were the ones with very low IQs," she said further.
As reported by CNN, Palestinian Ministry of Health said that per Thursday there were 1,888 people, including 446 children, died and 9,804 people were injured because of the attacks in Gaza. Israeli officials said 64 soldiers and three civilians died in the ongoing conflicts.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked