Robert Downey Jr.'s Son Indio Charged With Felony Drug Possession
Robert Downey Jr.'s son, Indio Falconer Downey, has been charged with felony drug possession following his cocaine arrest on June 29. According to TMZ, Indio, 20, was also charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
The charges were filed on June 30 and the arraignment is scheduled for August 29 at the L.A. Superior Court Airport Courthouse. As a first-time offender, Indio is automatically entitled to a drug diversion program. If Indio is convicted on the two charges, he will face a maximum sentence of three years and six months in jail.
In previous news, Indio was arrested in West Hollywood on suspicion of cocaine and drug-paraphernalia possesion. At that time, police noticed Indio, who was a passenger in a car, smoking pipe.
Robert, who was arrested numerous times on drug-related charges between 1990s and 2000s, later released a statement over his son's arrest through his rep, saying, "Unfortunately there's a genetic component to addiction and Indio has likely inherited it. Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we're all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he's capable of being."
The "Iron Man" actor continued, "We're grateful to the Sheriff's department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale."
More Robert Downey Jr. News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up