Robert Downey Jr.'s Son Indio Charged With Felony Drug Possession
Robert Downey Jr.'s son, Indio Falconer Downey, has been charged with felony drug possession following his cocaine arrest on June 29. According to TMZ, Indio, 20, was also charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
The charges were filed on June 30 and the arraignment is scheduled for August 29 at the L.A. Superior Court Airport Courthouse. As a first-time offender, Indio is automatically entitled to a drug diversion program. If Indio is convicted on the two charges, he will face a maximum sentence of three years and six months in jail.
In previous news, Indio was arrested in West Hollywood on suspicion of cocaine and drug-paraphernalia possesion. At that time, police noticed Indio, who was a passenger in a car, smoking pipe.
Robert, who was arrested numerous times on drug-related charges between 1990s and 2000s, later released a statement over his son's arrest through his rep, saying, "Unfortunately there's a genetic component to addiction and Indio has likely inherited it. Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we're all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he's capable of being."
The "Iron Man" actor continued, "We're grateful to the Sheriff's department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale."
More Robert Downey Jr. News
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos