Robert Downey Jr.'s Son Indio Charged With Felony Drug Possession
Robert Downey Jr.'s son, Indio Falconer Downey, has been charged with felony drug possession following his cocaine arrest on June 29. According to TMZ, Indio, 20, was also charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
The charges were filed on June 30 and the arraignment is scheduled for August 29 at the L.A. Superior Court Airport Courthouse. As a first-time offender, Indio is automatically entitled to a drug diversion program. If Indio is convicted on the two charges, he will face a maximum sentence of three years and six months in jail.
In previous news, Indio was arrested in West Hollywood on suspicion of cocaine and drug-paraphernalia possesion. At that time, police noticed Indio, who was a passenger in a car, smoking pipe.
Robert, who was arrested numerous times on drug-related charges between 1990s and 2000s, later released a statement over his son's arrest through his rep, saying, "Unfortunately there's a genetic component to addiction and Indio has likely inherited it. Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we're all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he's capable of being."
The "Iron Man" actor continued, "We're grateful to the Sheriff's department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale."
More Robert Downey Jr. News
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS