'Smash' Star Christian Borle Lands Two Roles in NBC's 'Peter Pan' Live Musical
NBC's "Peter Pan Live" has added another actor to the cast line-up. After casting Allison Williams in the title role, Christian Borle is now hired to take not just one, but two roles in the upcoming live musical production. The Tom Levitt of "Smash" will portray Captain Hook's right-hand man Smee and the Darling kids' father, Mr. Darling.
Executive producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron have seemingly confirmed the casting news with their tweets. "Welcome Tony winner Christian Borle as Smee joining Chris Walken as Hook and Allison Williams as Pan. #PeterPanLive! Dec 4 #NBC," Zadan wrote on Wednesday, August 6, while Meron tweeted, "welcome to #PeterPanLive Christian Borle."
Borle has been involved in a Peter Pan project before, playing the pirate Black Stache in Broadway's "Peter and the Starcatcher". The role earned him a Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Play in 2012.
He also starred on musical drama series "Smash" and in 2013's "The Sound of Music Live!", which both aired on NBC.
"Peter Pan Live" will premiere December 4. Christopher Walken has been cast as Captain Hook.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'