'Smash' Star Christian Borle Lands Two Roles in NBC's 'Peter Pan' Live Musical
NBC's "Peter Pan Live" has added another actor to the cast line-up. After casting Allison Williams in the title role, Christian Borle is now hired to take not just one, but two roles in the upcoming live musical production. The Tom Levitt of "Smash" will portray Captain Hook's right-hand man Smee and the Darling kids' father, Mr. Darling.
Executive producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron have seemingly confirmed the casting news with their tweets. "Welcome Tony winner Christian Borle as Smee joining Chris Walken as Hook and Allison Williams as Pan. #PeterPanLive! Dec 4 #NBC," Zadan wrote on Wednesday, August 6, while Meron tweeted, "welcome to #PeterPanLive Christian Borle."
Borle has been involved in a Peter Pan project before, playing the pirate Black Stache in Broadway's "Peter and the Starcatcher". The role earned him a Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Play in 2012.
He also starred on musical drama series "Smash" and in 2013's "The Sound of Music Live!", which both aired on NBC.
"Peter Pan Live" will premiere December 4. Christopher Walken has been cast as Captain Hook.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival