'Smash' Star Christian Borle Lands Two Roles in NBC's 'Peter Pan' Live Musical
NBC's "Peter Pan Live" has added another actor to the cast line-up. After casting Allison Williams in the title role, Christian Borle is now hired to take not just one, but two roles in the upcoming live musical production. The Tom Levitt of "Smash" will portray Captain Hook's right-hand man Smee and the Darling kids' father, Mr. Darling.
Executive producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron have seemingly confirmed the casting news with their tweets. "Welcome Tony winner Christian Borle as Smee joining Chris Walken as Hook and Allison Williams as Pan. #PeterPanLive! Dec 4 #NBC," Zadan wrote on Wednesday, August 6, while Meron tweeted, "welcome to #PeterPanLive Christian Borle."
Borle has been involved in a Peter Pan project before, playing the pirate Black Stache in Broadway's "Peter and the Starcatcher". The role earned him a Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Play in 2012.
He also starred on musical drama series "Smash" and in 2013's "The Sound of Music Live!", which both aired on NBC.
"Peter Pan Live" will premiere December 4. Christopher Walken has been cast as Captain Hook.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences