'Smash' Star Christian Borle Lands Two Roles in NBC's 'Peter Pan' Live Musical
NBC's "Peter Pan Live" has added another actor to the cast line-up. After casting Allison Williams in the title role, Christian Borle is now hired to take not just one, but two roles in the upcoming live musical production. The Tom Levitt of "Smash" will portray Captain Hook's right-hand man Smee and the Darling kids' father, Mr. Darling.
Executive producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron have seemingly confirmed the casting news with their tweets. "Welcome Tony winner Christian Borle as Smee joining Chris Walken as Hook and Allison Williams as Pan. #PeterPanLive! Dec 4 #NBC," Zadan wrote on Wednesday, August 6, while Meron tweeted, "welcome to #PeterPanLive Christian Borle."
Borle has been involved in a Peter Pan project before, playing the pirate Black Stache in Broadway's "Peter and the Starcatcher". The role earned him a Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Play in 2012.
He also starred on musical drama series "Smash" and in 2013's "The Sound of Music Live!", which both aired on NBC.
"Peter Pan Live" will premiere December 4. Christopher Walken has been cast as Captain Hook.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding