New Major Characters for 'Glee' Season 6 Revealed
There will be at least five new faces when "Glee" returns with its sixth and final season next year. According to TVLine, the show is adding five new major characters, who are all sophomore students at McKinley High.
One of them is Roderick, "a true goober" with a voice like Otis Redding. Chubby and shy, his looks don't match with his talent. There's also a gay "football stud" named Spencer. The casting notice explains that "he's post-Glee gay - no one messes with him about his sexuality because he will kick their asses if they do."
Jane is described as being "righteous, ambitious and unconventionally pretty." She's funny because she doesn't have much of a sense of humor, and wanted to join the Warblers but couldn't because of her gender.
The fourth and fifth new characters are twins Mason and Madison, Cheerios members who are super-positive and extremely weird. Despite giving off a "gay vibe," Mason is actually straight.
No words on who will portray these new characters.
"Glee" season 6 will premiere in midseason. Series creator Ryan Murphy said the show would be "back to its roots" in the final installment. "It's getting back to what I was initially interested in with the show, which was arts in school. The last season is really about the importance of arts education in our high schools," he gushed, "I think people will like it."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris