New Major Characters for 'Glee' Season 6 Revealed
There will be at least five new faces when "Glee" returns with its sixth and final season next year. According to TVLine, the show is adding five new major characters, who are all sophomore students at McKinley High.
One of them is Roderick, "a true goober" with a voice like Otis Redding. Chubby and shy, his looks don't match with his talent. There's also a gay "football stud" named Spencer. The casting notice explains that "he's post-Glee gay - no one messes with him about his sexuality because he will kick their asses if they do."
Jane is described as being "righteous, ambitious and unconventionally pretty." She's funny because she doesn't have much of a sense of humor, and wanted to join the Warblers but couldn't because of her gender.
The fourth and fifth new characters are twins Mason and Madison, Cheerios members who are super-positive and extremely weird. Despite giving off a "gay vibe," Mason is actually straight.
No words on who will portray these new characters.
"Glee" season 6 will premiere in midseason. Series creator Ryan Murphy said the show would be "back to its roots" in the final installment. "It's getting back to what I was initially interested in with the show, which was arts in school. The last season is really about the importance of arts education in our high schools," he gushed, "I think people will like it."
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna