New Major Characters for 'Glee' Season 6 Revealed
There will be at least five new faces when "Glee" returns with its sixth and final season next year. According to TVLine, the show is adding five new major characters, who are all sophomore students at McKinley High.
One of them is Roderick, "a true goober" with a voice like Otis Redding. Chubby and shy, his looks don't match with his talent. There's also a gay "football stud" named Spencer. The casting notice explains that "he's post-Glee gay - no one messes with him about his sexuality because he will kick their asses if they do."
Jane is described as being "righteous, ambitious and unconventionally pretty." She's funny because she doesn't have much of a sense of humor, and wanted to join the Warblers but couldn't because of her gender.
The fourth and fifth new characters are twins Mason and Madison, Cheerios members who are super-positive and extremely weird. Despite giving off a "gay vibe," Mason is actually straight.
No words on who will portray these new characters.
"Glee" season 6 will premiere in midseason. Series creator Ryan Murphy said the show would be "back to its roots" in the final installment. "It's getting back to what I was initially interested in with the show, which was arts in school. The last season is really about the importance of arts education in our high schools," he gushed, "I think people will like it."
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?