Man Arrested for Allegedly Stealing Michael Schumacher's Medical File Found Hanging in Cell
A man who was arrested for allegedly stealing Michael Schumacher's medical report was found hanging in his cell on Wednesday, August 6. The Zurich prosecutor's office said that the man, whose name was not revealed, was an executive at a helicopter air rescue company called Rega in Swiss. He was arrested on Tuesday and was interrogated over the leak of the former F1 driver's medical file, but he denied any wrongdoing.
The man then was held at a police cell in Zurich. He was found dead by a guard who brought him breakfast prior to his scheduled hearing, the statement continued. Initial investigation suggested that no one was involved in the hanging. Police additionally told AFP that they didn't think the man was mentally unstable.
As reported by The Guardian, Rega chief Ernst Kohler said in a statement that they were "saddened and speechless" after learning of the news. Sabine Kehm, a representative for Schumacher's family, also released a statement, saying, "We are at a loss for words and deeply shocked."
Schumacher suffered from severe brain injury following a ski accident in French Alps on Sunday, December 29. The F1 icon was transferred to a hospital in Switzerland to continue his treatment on July and Rega assisted in the process. Schumi's medical file later reportedly was offered to some media in Europe, prompting the family to threaten legal actions for anyone who publish it. Rega filed a criminal complaint for the suspected leak on July 8.
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video