Fifth 'Terminator' Wraps Up Filming, Confirms 'Genisys' as New Title
Filming for the fifth "Terminator" film has been wrapped up in San Francisco. At the same time it was revealed that "Terminator: Genesis" will now be known as "Terminator Genisys", misspell intended.
Arnold Schwarzenegger was the one who revealed the odd title, sharing an Instagram photo of him sitting on a black director's chair which has the title emblazoned on it. "Hasta la vista, baby. I want to thank the cast and crew of @TerminatorGenisys for a fantastic shoot. It was challenging, it was fun, and it was rewarding," the Austrian actor captioned the pic.
"Terminator Genisys" is directed by Alan Taylor and also starring Emilia Clarke. "From our director to the producers, from the camera team to catering, from visual effects to hair and makeup - we couldn't have done it without you," Schwarzenegger added in his post. "I can't wait to see our finished project and I know we'll remind the fans why they fell in love with the Terminator. On July 1, 2015, I'll be back."
The new title sparked jokes on Twitter. "So Terminator Genesis is actually spelled Terminator Genisys. Chryst on a byke," someone wrote. Another commented, "TERMINATOR: GENISYS is a grim vision of the future where robots and humans live in total harmony in a crusade to kill the English language."
More Terminator Genisys News
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington