Fifth 'Terminator' Wraps Up Filming, Confirms 'Genisys' as New Title
Filming for the fifth "Terminator" film has been wrapped up in San Francisco. At the same time it was revealed that "Terminator: Genesis" will now be known as "Terminator Genisys", misspell intended.
Arnold Schwarzenegger was the one who revealed the odd title, sharing an Instagram photo of him sitting on a black director's chair which has the title emblazoned on it. "Hasta la vista, baby. I want to thank the cast and crew of @TerminatorGenisys for a fantastic shoot. It was challenging, it was fun, and it was rewarding," the Austrian actor captioned the pic.
"Terminator Genisys" is directed by Alan Taylor and also starring Emilia Clarke. "From our director to the producers, from the camera team to catering, from visual effects to hair and makeup - we couldn't have done it without you," Schwarzenegger added in his post. "I can't wait to see our finished project and I know we'll remind the fans why they fell in love with the Terminator. On July 1, 2015, I'll be back."
The new title sparked jokes on Twitter. "So Terminator Genesis is actually spelled Terminator Genisys. Chryst on a byke," someone wrote. Another commented, "TERMINATOR: GENISYS is a grim vision of the future where robots and humans live in total harmony in a crusade to kill the English language."
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week
- Three Potential Directors Lined Up to Helm 'Captain Marvel'
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans