Les Moonves Confirms Talks With James Corden for 'Late Late Night' Gig
CBS is indeed considering James Corden as Craig Ferguson's replacement. After reports surfaced that the "Gavin & Stacey" star was a candidate to take the "Late Late Show" throne, President and Chief Executive Officer of CBS Corporation Leslie Moonves confirms there has been talks with Corden about the gig.
"We're not sure," he deliberately says when asked by TMZ if the British funnyman is going to fill Ferguson's shoes. He confirms though, "He's one of the people we're talking to," adding that whoever is chosen is the best for the job, "whether they are from America or anywhere else."
Ferguson announced in April that he would quit the "Late Late Show" at the end of this year. His contract was set to expire in June, but he agreed to a six-month extension in order to provide a more graceful exit and give CBS more time to find a replacement host.
Prior to Corden, Chelsea Handler was rumored in talks to take over the hosting gig, but both Handler and CBS denied this.
Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says