Les Moonves Confirms Talks With James Corden for 'Late Late Night' Gig
CBS is indeed considering James Corden as Craig Ferguson's replacement. After reports surfaced that the "Gavin & Stacey" star was a candidate to take the "Late Late Show" throne, President and Chief Executive Officer of CBS Corporation Leslie Moonves confirms there has been talks with Corden about the gig.
"We're not sure," he deliberately says when asked by TMZ if the British funnyman is going to fill Ferguson's shoes. He confirms though, "He's one of the people we're talking to," adding that whoever is chosen is the best for the job, "whether they are from America or anywhere else."
Ferguson announced in April that he would quit the "Late Late Show" at the end of this year. His contract was set to expire in June, but he agreed to a six-month extension in order to provide a more graceful exit and give CBS more time to find a replacement host.
Prior to Corden, Chelsea Handler was rumored in talks to take over the hosting gig, but both Handler and CBS denied this.
Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?