Les Moonves Confirms Talks With James Corden for 'Late Late Night' Gig
CBS is indeed considering James Corden as Craig Ferguson's replacement. After reports surfaced that the "Gavin & Stacey" star was a candidate to take the "Late Late Show" throne, President and Chief Executive Officer of CBS Corporation Leslie Moonves confirms there has been talks with Corden about the gig.
"We're not sure," he deliberately says when asked by TMZ if the British funnyman is going to fill Ferguson's shoes. He confirms though, "He's one of the people we're talking to," adding that whoever is chosen is the best for the job, "whether they are from America or anywhere else."
Ferguson announced in April that he would quit the "Late Late Show" at the end of this year. His contract was set to expire in June, but he agreed to a six-month extension in order to provide a more graceful exit and give CBS more time to find a replacement host.
Prior to Corden, Chelsea Handler was rumored in talks to take over the hosting gig, but both Handler and CBS denied this.
Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London