Disney Channel Renews 'Girl Meets World' for Season 2
"Girl Meets World" is here to stay. Disney Channel has ordered a second season of the new comedy series even before the first season finishes airing yet. Production for the second installment will begin in November in Los Angeles for a 2015 premiere. There is now word on the episode order.
"The series swiftly became a favorite of kids and their parents, many of whom grew up with 'Boy Meets World'," says Adam Bonnett, Executive Vice President, Original Programming, Disney Channels Worldwide. "We're looking forward to watching Riley Matthews and Maya Hart make the world their own, as Cory and Topanga teach them life lessons along the way."
The coming of age sitcom which serves as a spin-off to "Boy Meets World" premiered on June 27 to 5.2 million viewers. It has ranked as television's number one series among Kids 2-11, Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14.
"Girl Meets World" airs Fridays at 8:30 P.M. on Disney Channel. "Boy Meets World" star Lee Norris will reprise his role as Minkus in an August 15 episode.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage