Disney Channel Renews 'Girl Meets World' for Season 2
"Girl Meets World" is here to stay. Disney Channel has ordered a second season of the new comedy series even before the first season finishes airing yet. Production for the second installment will begin in November in Los Angeles for a 2015 premiere. There is now word on the episode order.
"The series swiftly became a favorite of kids and their parents, many of whom grew up with 'Boy Meets World'," says Adam Bonnett, Executive Vice President, Original Programming, Disney Channels Worldwide. "We're looking forward to watching Riley Matthews and Maya Hart make the world their own, as Cory and Topanga teach them life lessons along the way."
The coming of age sitcom which serves as a spin-off to "Boy Meets World" premiered on June 27 to 5.2 million viewers. It has ranked as television's number one series among Kids 2-11, Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14.
"Girl Meets World" airs Fridays at 8:30 P.M. on Disney Channel. "Boy Meets World" star Lee Norris will reprise his role as Minkus in an August 15 episode.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama