Ariana Grande and Jai Brooks Split Again
Ariana Grande has called it quits for the second time with boyfriend Jai Brooks. An insider told Us Weekly that "Jai just wasn't as supportive" as what Ariana expected following the death of her beloved grandfather.
"When her grandfather was dying, everyone was there for her. People flew to Florida to be with her, but Jai didn't," a source told E! News, "Ariana just felt he wasn't there like he should have been."
On August 4, the "Baby I" singer posted some cryptic messages on Twitter which the source claimed to be inspired by Jai. She wrote, "July was painful for many reasons but of all the personal loss I suffered last month, the loss of my grandfather, a true gentleman, was the only one that truly mattered."
The pop singer continued, "I thank my loves for being so in tune to what is good and right for me and my heart. I hope you will surround yourselves with people who will be there for you thru the bad times, not just the good. I thank everybody who was here for me when I needed them as the ones who weren't really broke my heart."
Ariana started dating Jai in August 2012. The pair split in July last year. Ariana then dated Nathan Sykes before breaking up in December. Jai said that Ariana was still in a relationship with him when he began seeing Nathan. The "Problem" singer and The Janoskians' member reconciled in May.
Despite the split, Ariana and Jai have "remained friends." The insider said that the singer "is gearing up for her album release so she's focused on that."
More Ariana Grande News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media