Jackie Mason Joins Jon Voight in Slamming Penelope Cruz Over Anti-Israel Letter
Jackie Mason slams Penelope Cruz and her husband, Javier Bardem, in an inter view with FOX 411. Penelope and Javier were previously slammed by Jon Voight following the release of their open letter which described Israel's actions against Palestinians in Gaza as "genocide."
Jackie tells the site, "How come there was no disagreement anywhere in the world by celebrities after the attacks on September 11th, when we decided to take action against Al Qaeda and the Taliban for unprovoked attacks on innocent people? This was after only one incident. Can you imagine how furious these celebrities would be if we were being attacked by thousands of missiles, killing innocent people hundreds of times."
He continues, "Would anybody question our military for taking every conceivable action to put a stop to it? Only in the case of Israel, are the terrorists treated as victims and Israel the aggressor."
On "Aaron Klein Investigative Radio" show which aired on August 3, Jackie said that the celebrities, who signed the anti-Israel letter, came "from these kinds of anti-Semitic, low-class backgrounds where a Jew is the most disgusting thing in the world to them."
He added, "The ironic thing is that it's Jewish people who own these Hollywood studios. And they all hire these people and they depend on them for a living. Every penny they made is made from Jews and they hate every Jew just by nature."
Another person who recently shared an opinion on the controversial letter was Ryan Kavanaugh, CEO of Relativity Media. Ryan told The Hollywood Reporter, "It makes my blood boil. As the grandson of Holocaust survivors, anyone calling it Israeli 'genocide' vs. protecting themselves are either the most ignorant people about the situation and shouldn't be commenting, or are truly anti-Semitic."
Meanwhile in previous news, Jon said that Penelope and Javier were "obviously ignorant of the whole story of Israel's birth." He even told them to "hang your heads in shame. You should all come forth with deep regrets for what you did, and ask forgiveness from the suffering people in Israel."
Although Penelope and Javier have not made any comments on the latest criticism, the couple has issued a statement to clarify their intentions after receving backlashes for the controversial letter. Javier wrote, "My signature was solely meant as a plea for peace. Destruction and hatred only generate more hatred and destruction. While I was critical of the Israeli military response, I have great respect for the people of Israel and deep compassion for their losses. I am now being labeled by some as anti-Semitic, as is my wife - which is the antithesis of who we are as human beings. We detest anti-Semitism as much as we detest the horrible and painful consequences of war."
Penelope added, "I don't want to be misunderstood on this important subject. I'm not an expert on the situation and I'm aware of the complexity of it. My only wish and intention in signing that group letter is the hope that there will be peace in both Israel and Gaza."
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern