Mischa Barton in Danger of Losing Home due to Unpaid Mortgage
Mischa Barton risks losing her luxurious Beverly Hills mansion if she doesn't quickly pay the $100,000 in back mortgage payments she owes. The actress is nearly five months behind on the mortgage payments for her massive home, PEOPLE has confirmed. The lender has placed the property in foreclosure and Mischa may lose her home unless she works out an agreement soon.
For the last few years, Mischa has been splitting time between London and her L.A. property. She reportedly purchased the lavish mansion for $6.4 million in 2005 at the peak of her career with "The O.C.". The 1.2 acre property has eight bedrooms, 11 baths and three guesthouses. According to TMZ, the star took out a loan for $4.2 million at the time of sale.
Mischa has been trying to sell the mansion for several years. She listed it for $8.695 million in 2010 but nobody bought it. She re-listed it in 2011 but still couldn't find interested parties to purchase the estate. Her last effort was attempting to lease the property for $35,000 a month in 2013 but she's still had no takers.
Mischa was famous for playing rich girl Marissa Cooper on the series "The O.C.". Since FOX stopped airing the series in 2007, the actress has been starring in low-budget films including drama movie "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" and thriller "Hope Lost" with Danny Trejo. She has also been earning easy cash by appearing at clubs in the U.S.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie