Vince Vaughn Eyes Lead Role on 'True Detective' Season 2
Another actor has been mentioned as possible star in the second season of "True Detective". Funnyman Vince Vaughn is in preliminary talks to take one of the lead roles on the HBO show, TVLine reports.
Report of Vaughn's possible on-screen involvement on the drama series is quite surprising since he is known for his comedic roles in such movies as "Wedding Crashers" and "The Break-Up". According to Deadline, the role that the actor is eying could be "a villain, possibly with mob ties."
Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch are the other actors rumored to play the lead roles on the anthology series. Series creator Nic Pizzolatto recently said there would be four main characters in the second season, with at least one of them being female. "There is a strong (lead) female character. But I wouldn't say it is female-led or anything like that," he stated.
HBO President Michael Lombardo also said about the cast at the recent TCA summer press tour, "The people who we will cast will be well-known names... Great writing attracts great actors."
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton