Vince Vaughn Eyes Lead Role on 'True Detective' Season 2
Another actor has been mentioned as possible star in the second season of "True Detective". Funnyman Vince Vaughn is in preliminary talks to take one of the lead roles on the HBO show, TVLine reports.
Report of Vaughn's possible on-screen involvement on the drama series is quite surprising since he is known for his comedic roles in such movies as "Wedding Crashers" and "The Break-Up". According to Deadline, the role that the actor is eying could be "a villain, possibly with mob ties."
Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch are the other actors rumored to play the lead roles on the anthology series. Series creator Nic Pizzolatto recently said there would be four main characters in the second season, with at least one of them being female. "There is a strong (lead) female character. But I wouldn't say it is female-led or anything like that," he stated.
HBO President Michael Lombardo also said about the cast at the recent TCA summer press tour, "The people who we will cast will be well-known names... Great writing attracts great actors."
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'