Lil' Kim Disses Nicki Minaj on 'Flawless' Remix
Lil' Kim has released her own remix of Beyonce Knowles' "Flawless". Shortly after the former Destiny's Child member dropped the track which features Nicki Minaj, Kim shared her version in which she throws shade at the 31-year-old raptress.
In the first remix, Minaj calls herself "the queen of rap." Kim, who apparently took offense on the line, hits back in her verses, spitting, "Am I tripping or did this ho just say my name? Queen of rap? F**k outta here. Queen's back, f**k outta here. Time to get this wack b***h up outta here."
Jay-Z's other half unexpectedly dropped the track over the weekend. "We escalate, up in this b***h like elevators, of course sometimes s**t go down when there's billion dollars on an elevator," she sings, referring to her husband and sister's infamous elevator fight in May.
In an interview with Hot 97 on Monday morning, August 4, Minaj shared how she ended up collaborating with Blue Ivy's mother. "A month or two ago, Gee [Roberson] called me when I was on my way to Vegas and said, 'Beyonce wants you to remix to 'Flawless'. After I got proper medical help and started breathing again, I was like, 'What?' " the "Anaconda" raptress recalled.
"She sent me a version that she wanted. She told me, 'I want you to be you. I don't want you to hold back.' I said, 'You sure?' She said, 'Yeah. I want you to be you and do you,' " Minaj continued. Calling the diva "a sweetheart," Minaj shared further, "We've just been waiting for her to drop it. She said she was going to drop it in the middle of the ['On the Run'] tour. ... And now, here you have it."
More Lil' Kim News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert