Susan Sarandon's Apartment Burglarized Over the Weekend
Susan Sarandon's apartment in downtown Manhattan, New York was burglarized over the weekend, the New York City Police Department confirmed to Us Weekly. The actress was apparently out of town at the time of the break-in.
NYPD said that the burglary happened on late Saturday night, August 2. "No one was at home at the time of the crime," the police said. Sarandon's 22-year-old son, Miles, left the apartment at West 15th Street around 8 P.M. on Saturday and returned home at about 4 A.M. the following morning to discover the home in a state of disarray. He then called the police.
The burglar stole a laptop, a camera, some of the actress' jewelry and some documents. Sarandon is thought to have an estimated $100,000 worth of jewelry in her apartment. The exact value of the property taken is still unknown.
Police believe the burglar entered the apartment through a terrace window or door. The burglar apparently used a ladder to hop from the roof next door to the top of the nine-story brick building. There were no signs of forced entry. Police are still considering other possibilities. "No arrests have been made yet but the case is under investigation," they said. They're reviewing videos and looking for clues to aid in the investigation.
The 67-year-old actress was born and raised in New York City. "New York is a big, beautiful, bad-ass town that constantly demands rediscovery," the "Tammy" star recently told Time Out New York, "this is my hometown; I want people to love it as much as I do."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen