Susan Sarandon's Apartment Burglarized Over the Weekend
Susan Sarandon's apartment in downtown Manhattan, New York was burglarized over the weekend, the New York City Police Department confirmed to Us Weekly. The actress was apparently out of town at the time of the break-in.
NYPD said that the burglary happened on late Saturday night, August 2. "No one was at home at the time of the crime," the police said. Sarandon's 22-year-old son, Miles, left the apartment at West 15th Street around 8 P.M. on Saturday and returned home at about 4 A.M. the following morning to discover the home in a state of disarray. He then called the police.
The burglar stole a laptop, a camera, some of the actress' jewelry and some documents. Sarandon is thought to have an estimated $100,000 worth of jewelry in her apartment. The exact value of the property taken is still unknown.
Police believe the burglar entered the apartment through a terrace window or door. The burglar apparently used a ladder to hop from the roof next door to the top of the nine-story brick building. There were no signs of forced entry. Police are still considering other possibilities. "No arrests have been made yet but the case is under investigation," they said. They're reviewing videos and looking for clues to aid in the investigation.
The 67-year-old actress was born and raised in New York City. "New York is a big, beautiful, bad-ass town that constantly demands rediscovery," the "Tammy" star recently told Time Out New York, "this is my hometown; I want people to love it as much as I do."
More Susan Sarandon News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake