Sony Plans a Female Superhero Film in Spider-Man Universe
Marvel is not the only studio that sees the potential of a female-led superhero movie. Sony has hired Lisa Joy to pen a script for a female-driven superhero film that takes place in the Spider-Man universe.
It is yet known which character will be in the center of the new project, which has been described as co-chairman Amy Pascal's passion. However, speculations are surrounding Silver Sabler, Black Cat and Spider-Woman. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are already attached to produce the film.
Sony recently pushed back "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" by two years to 2018 and set "The Sinister Six" for 2016. It is presumed that the female superhero movie would be placed in between them.
The popularity of female-led films is rising, proven from the recent victory of "Lucy" over "Hercules" on the domestic box office. Marvel announced last month that Thor was reintroduced as a female superhero and there's a rumor to give Black Widow a stand-alone movie.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'