Sony Plans a Female Superhero Film in Spider-Man Universe
Marvel is not the only studio that sees the potential of a female-led superhero movie. Sony has hired Lisa Joy to pen a script for a female-driven superhero film that takes place in the Spider-Man universe.
It is yet known which character will be in the center of the new project, which has been described as co-chairman Amy Pascal's passion. However, speculations are surrounding Silver Sabler, Black Cat and Spider-Woman. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are already attached to produce the film.
Sony recently pushed back "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" by two years to 2018 and set "The Sinister Six" for 2016. It is presumed that the female superhero movie would be placed in between them.
The popularity of female-led films is rising, proven from the recent victory of "Lucy" over "Hercules" on the domestic box office. Marvel announced last month that Thor was reintroduced as a female superhero and there's a rumor to give Black Widow a stand-alone movie.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars