Sony Plans a Female Superhero Film in Spider-Man Universe
Marvel is not the only studio that sees the potential of a female-led superhero movie. Sony has hired Lisa Joy to pen a script for a female-driven superhero film that takes place in the Spider-Man universe.
It is yet known which character will be in the center of the new project, which has been described as co-chairman Amy Pascal's passion. However, speculations are surrounding Silver Sabler, Black Cat and Spider-Woman. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are already attached to produce the film.
Sony recently pushed back "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" by two years to 2018 and set "The Sinister Six" for 2016. It is presumed that the female superhero movie would be placed in between them.
The popularity of female-led films is rising, proven from the recent victory of "Lucy" over "Hercules" on the domestic box office. Marvel announced last month that Thor was reintroduced as a female superhero and there's a rumor to give Black Widow a stand-alone movie.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture