Sony Plans a Female Superhero Film in Spider-Man Universe
Marvel is not the only studio that sees the potential of a female-led superhero movie. Sony has hired Lisa Joy to pen a script for a female-driven superhero film that takes place in the Spider-Man universe.
It is yet known which character will be in the center of the new project, which has been described as co-chairman Amy Pascal's passion. However, speculations are surrounding Silver Sabler, Black Cat and Spider-Woman. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are already attached to produce the film.
Sony recently pushed back "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" by two years to 2018 and set "The Sinister Six" for 2016. It is presumed that the female superhero movie would be placed in between them.
The popularity of female-led films is rising, proven from the recent victory of "Lucy" over "Hercules" on the domestic box office. Marvel announced last month that Thor was reintroduced as a female superhero and there's a rumor to give Black Widow a stand-alone movie.
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot
- 'Justice League 2' Pushed Back to Make Room for Ben Affleck's 'Batman'
- Alexa PenaVega Gives Birth to First Child With Husband Carlos
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title