Pharrell Williams, Ariana Grande to Help Kick Off the NFL
Some big names are scheduled to help open the upcoming season of the NFL. According to a press release on Sunday, August 3, Pharrell Williams is set to perform outside of CenturyLink Field in Seattle on September 4 to help kick off the 95th season. Fans will be able to watch the pregame show on NBC and NFL Network.
Ariana Grande will sing the national anthem inside the stadium as the Seattle Seahawks plays against the Green Bay Packers. Grammy Award-winning band Soundgarden will also kick off the free event. A portion of the performance broadcasts live on NFL Network.
The musical performance will be the 13th time consecutive Kickoff celebration and the 10th time the NFL honors the Super Bowl champions with the opening game in their stadiums during the primetime. The Seahawks won the trophy earlier this year.
In addition to the NFL gig, Williams has been announced as a part of the lineup for the 2014 iTunes Festival which will take place in the U.K. in September, joining other performers such as Maroon 5 and Sam Smith among others. Grande, meanwhile, is gearing up for the release of her album new album "My Everything" which is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 25.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season