Pharrell Williams, Ariana Grande to Help Kick Off the NFL
Some big names are scheduled to help open the upcoming season of the NFL. According to a press release on Sunday, August 3, Pharrell Williams is set to perform outside of CenturyLink Field in Seattle on September 4 to help kick off the 95th season. Fans will be able to watch the pregame show on NBC and NFL Network.
Ariana Grande will sing the national anthem inside the stadium as the Seattle Seahawks plays against the Green Bay Packers. Grammy Award-winning band Soundgarden will also kick off the free event. A portion of the performance broadcasts live on NFL Network.
The musical performance will be the 13th time consecutive Kickoff celebration and the 10th time the NFL honors the Super Bowl champions with the opening game in their stadiums during the primetime. The Seahawks won the trophy earlier this year.
In addition to the NFL gig, Williams has been announced as a part of the lineup for the 2014 iTunes Festival which will take place in the U.K. in September, joining other performers such as Maroon 5 and Sam Smith among others. Grande, meanwhile, is gearing up for the release of her album new album "My Everything" which is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 25.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story