Sia Furler Marries Erik Anders Lang in Private Backyard Wedding
Sia Furler married documentary filmmaker Erik Anders Lang this weekend, Us Weekly confirmed. The nuptials took place at the star's home in Palm Springs, Florida on Saturday, August 2.
The "Chandelier" singer tweeted, "Omg omg I'm so excited," at around 9 A.M. on the day of her backyard wedding. The Desert Sun reported that a few hours later, two large trucks from Classic Party Rentals were seen unloading supplies in front of her home in the Tahquitz River Estates neighborhood.
The 38-year-old singer was seen at Nature's Health Food and Cafe in Palm Springs on Thursday. Chris Stephens, the cafe manager, said that the artist bought some hard-boiled eggs and sandwiches, and then bought another sandwich. She explained, "I have a hungry husband."
Sia's engagement news was revealed in June by her mother. This is the singer's first marriage. A source who is involved in the contemporary pop music scene reported that all of the vendors for the wedding had to sign nondisclosure agreements to get contracts for their jobs.
Sia was notorious for being an extremely private entertainer. She appeared on the November cover of Billboard magazine with a bag over her head where she shared her "anti-fame" manifesto. In April, her story was featured in The New York Times with a graphic illustration because she refused to pose for a photo.
Sia is perhaps best-known for her contribution as the female vocalist on David Guetta's "Titanium" and Flo Rida's "Wild Ones". She has also written and produced numerous best-selling tracks for some of the most popular singers in the music industry such as Beyonce Knowles, Katy Perry and Britney Spears.
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik