R. Kelly Joins Chance the Rapper at Lollapalooza
R. Kelly unexpectedly joined Chance the Rapper onstage during the latter's set at Lollapalooza on Sunday night, August 3. According to Huffington Post, Chance introduced his guest mid-show, describing the "Genius" hitmaker as "the Pied Piper of R&B." Kelly performed three songs over the weekend, "The World's Greatest", "Bump N' Grind" and "Ignition (Remix)".
Chance, who also invited local rapper Vic Mensa, reportedly mentioned his love for Chicago, his family, friends and fans several times. "This is my city," he was quoted as saying. Chance also said, "I see you turning up this whole time," before performing the final track "Chain Smoker".
"Tonight isn't performing for performance's sake. It's a Chicago thing. I love music and touring. But tonight it's for Chicago," Chance wrote on Twitter. After the performance, he simply added, "Thank you."
Fans at the Lollapalooza apparently were very excited to see the duo onstage. However, Kelly did not receive warm welcome in another fest. His appearance at the Fashion Meets Music Festival in Columbus, Ohio which was supposed to take place on August 29 was canceled due to his past allegations of sexual assault and child pornography charges. Last week, the organizers and Kelly's team released a statement to Columbus Alive to address the cancellation.
"Fashion Meets Music Festival and headlining artist R. Kelly have come to the mutual decision to cancel Kelly's upcoming performance at the inaugural Fashion Meets Music Festival," the organizer said. Kelly's publicist added, "R. Kelly is sorry to disappoint his fans, but looks forward to seeing them in the near future during one of his upcoming tours."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent