One More Person Died Following Mad Decent Block Party
Two people who attended Mad Decent Block Party in Columbia, Maryland on Friday, August 1 died following alleged drug overdoses. As reported by The Associated Press, police shared an update on Sunday, saying that the second person, a 17-year-old male from Woodbridge, northern Virginia, died following the event which took place at Merriweather Post Pavilion.
Previously, Baltimore Sun reported that a 20-year-old man named Tyler Fox Viscardi of Raleigh, North Carolina was transported to a hospital at 9 P.M. and was pronounced dead due to suspected drug overdose. However, it was unclear what kind of drugs he took.
The Friday event also saw twenty other people receiving medical attention. Many of whom apparently showed signs of alleged drug-related issue. The news outlet also said that the authorities made fifty citations for underage drinking and three arrests which were for possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, domestic assault and assault on an officer.
The summer show featured performances from stars such as Diplo, Sleigh Bells, Flux Pavilion and Wolfgang Gartner. Diplo, who also founded the festival, took to Twitter on Saturday to address the sad news. "Our hearts go out to everyone impacted by yesterday's event. We are truly devastated," he wrote.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered