One More Person Died Following Mad Decent Block Party
Two people who attended Mad Decent Block Party in Columbia, Maryland on Friday, August 1 died following alleged drug overdoses. As reported by The Associated Press, police shared an update on Sunday, saying that the second person, a 17-year-old male from Woodbridge, northern Virginia, died following the event which took place at Merriweather Post Pavilion.
Previously, Baltimore Sun reported that a 20-year-old man named Tyler Fox Viscardi of Raleigh, North Carolina was transported to a hospital at 9 P.M. and was pronounced dead due to suspected drug overdose. However, it was unclear what kind of drugs he took.
The Friday event also saw twenty other people receiving medical attention. Many of whom apparently showed signs of alleged drug-related issue. The news outlet also said that the authorities made fifty citations for underage drinking and three arrests which were for possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, domestic assault and assault on an officer.
The summer show featured performances from stars such as Diplo, Sleigh Bells, Flux Pavilion and Wolfgang Gartner. Diplo, who also founded the festival, took to Twitter on Saturday to address the sad news. "Our hearts go out to everyone impacted by yesterday's event. We are truly devastated," he wrote.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked