One More Person Died Following Mad Decent Block Party
Two people who attended Mad Decent Block Party in Columbia, Maryland on Friday, August 1 died following alleged drug overdoses. As reported by The Associated Press, police shared an update on Sunday, saying that the second person, a 17-year-old male from Woodbridge, northern Virginia, died following the event which took place at Merriweather Post Pavilion.
Previously, Baltimore Sun reported that a 20-year-old man named Tyler Fox Viscardi of Raleigh, North Carolina was transported to a hospital at 9 P.M. and was pronounced dead due to suspected drug overdose. However, it was unclear what kind of drugs he took.
The Friday event also saw twenty other people receiving medical attention. Many of whom apparently showed signs of alleged drug-related issue. The news outlet also said that the authorities made fifty citations for underage drinking and three arrests which were for possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, domestic assault and assault on an officer.
The summer show featured performances from stars such as Diplo, Sleigh Bells, Flux Pavilion and Wolfgang Gartner. Diplo, who also founded the festival, took to Twitter on Saturday to address the sad news. "Our hearts go out to everyone impacted by yesterday's event. We are truly devastated," he wrote.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show