One More Person Died Following Mad Decent Block Party
Two people who attended Mad Decent Block Party in Columbia, Maryland on Friday, August 1 died following alleged drug overdoses. As reported by The Associated Press, police shared an update on Sunday, saying that the second person, a 17-year-old male from Woodbridge, northern Virginia, died following the event which took place at Merriweather Post Pavilion.
Previously, Baltimore Sun reported that a 20-year-old man named Tyler Fox Viscardi of Raleigh, North Carolina was transported to a hospital at 9 P.M. and was pronounced dead due to suspected drug overdose. However, it was unclear what kind of drugs he took.
The Friday event also saw twenty other people receiving medical attention. Many of whom apparently showed signs of alleged drug-related issue. The news outlet also said that the authorities made fifty citations for underage drinking and three arrests which were for possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, domestic assault and assault on an officer.
The summer show featured performances from stars such as Diplo, Sleigh Bells, Flux Pavilion and Wolfgang Gartner. Diplo, who also founded the festival, took to Twitter on Saturday to address the sad news. "Our hearts go out to everyone impacted by yesterday's event. We are truly devastated," he wrote.
More Diplo News
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala