October 21, 2016  

Paul Feig in Talks to Direct All-New 'Ghostbusters' Reboot

August 4, 2014 (4:32 am) GMT
The 'Bridesmaids' director is not going to direct 'Ghostbusters 3' but a comedic reboot featuring female leads instead.

"" is not going to be directed by Paul Feig. It had been inaccurately reported that Feig would helm the film franchise's third movie or another sequel. Instead, he is in talks to direct the movie's comedy reboot.

Sources told Variety that a reboot was being developed with all-female actors playing the lead characters. The project is eying comedic actresses to play the ghostbusters. Feig has had experience directing females in "" and is Sony's first choice to direct the reboot. However, no formal negotiations have taken place and Sony is yet to confirm.

Meanwhile, "Ghostbusters 3" is still looking for a director after Ivan Reitman quit in March. At this point, it is yet clear whether Sony is moving on with the project with another director or is abandoning it for the new reboot.

Originally written by Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, the script circles around a set of new Ghostbusters who are handed the baton from at least a couple of the originals. previously said he was involved but is yet to commit. The other original actor Harold Ramis died in February this year.


  1. George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
  2. Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
  3. Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
  4. Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
  5. Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
  6. Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
  7. Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
  8. Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money