Paul Feig in Talks to Direct All-New 'Ghostbusters' Reboot
"Ghostbusters 3" is not going to be directed by Paul Feig. It had been inaccurately reported that Feig would helm the film franchise's third movie or another sequel. Instead, he is in talks to direct the movie's comedy reboot.
Sources told Variety that a reboot was being developed with all-female actors playing the lead characters. The project is eying comedic actresses to play the ghostbusters. Feig has had experience directing females in "Bridesmaids" and is Sony's first choice to direct the reboot. However, no formal negotiations have taken place and Sony is yet to confirm.
Meanwhile, "Ghostbusters 3" is still looking for a director after Ivan Reitman quit in March. At this point, it is yet clear whether Sony is moving on with the project with another director or is abandoning it for the new reboot.
Originally written by Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, the script circles around a set of new Ghostbusters who are handed the baton from at least a couple of the originals. Dan Aykroyd previously said he was involved but Bill Murray is yet to commit. The other original actor Harold Ramis died in February this year.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance