Paul Feig in Talks to Direct All-New 'Ghostbusters' Reboot
"Ghostbusters 3" is not going to be directed by Paul Feig. It had been inaccurately reported that Feig would helm the film franchise's third movie or another sequel. Instead, he is in talks to direct the movie's comedy reboot.
Sources told Variety that a reboot was being developed with all-female actors playing the lead characters. The project is eying comedic actresses to play the ghostbusters. Feig has had experience directing females in "Bridesmaids" and is Sony's first choice to direct the reboot. However, no formal negotiations have taken place and Sony is yet to confirm.
Meanwhile, "Ghostbusters 3" is still looking for a director after Ivan Reitman quit in March. At this point, it is yet clear whether Sony is moving on with the project with another director or is abandoning it for the new reboot.
Originally written by Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, the script circles around a set of new Ghostbusters who are handed the baton from at least a couple of the originals. Dan Aykroyd previously said he was involved but Bill Murray is yet to commit. The other original actor Harold Ramis died in February this year.
More Ghostbusters News
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video