Paul Feig in Talks to Direct All-New 'Ghostbusters' Reboot
"Ghostbusters 3" is not going to be directed by Paul Feig. It had been inaccurately reported that Feig would helm the film franchise's third movie or another sequel. Instead, he is in talks to direct the movie's comedy reboot.
Sources told Variety that a reboot was being developed with all-female actors playing the lead characters. The project is eying comedic actresses to play the ghostbusters. Feig has had experience directing females in "Bridesmaids" and is Sony's first choice to direct the reboot. However, no formal negotiations have taken place and Sony is yet to confirm.
Meanwhile, "Ghostbusters 3" is still looking for a director after Ivan Reitman quit in March. At this point, it is yet clear whether Sony is moving on with the project with another director or is abandoning it for the new reboot.
Originally written by Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, the script circles around a set of new Ghostbusters who are handed the baton from at least a couple of the originals. Dan Aykroyd previously said he was involved but Bill Murray is yet to commit. The other original actor Harold Ramis died in February this year.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018