Paul Feig in Talks to Direct All-New 'Ghostbusters' Reboot
"Ghostbusters 3" is not going to be directed by Paul Feig. It had been inaccurately reported that Feig would helm the film franchise's third movie or another sequel. Instead, he is in talks to direct the movie's comedy reboot.
Sources told Variety that a reboot was being developed with all-female actors playing the lead characters. The project is eying comedic actresses to play the ghostbusters. Feig has had experience directing females in "Bridesmaids" and is Sony's first choice to direct the reboot. However, no formal negotiations have taken place and Sony is yet to confirm.
Meanwhile, "Ghostbusters 3" is still looking for a director after Ivan Reitman quit in March. At this point, it is yet clear whether Sony is moving on with the project with another director or is abandoning it for the new reboot.
Originally written by Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, the script circles around a set of new Ghostbusters who are handed the baton from at least a couple of the originals. Dan Aykroyd previously said he was involved but Bill Murray is yet to commit. The other original actor Harold Ramis died in February this year.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death