Remy Ma Shares Remix to DJ Khaled's 'They Don't Love You No More'
Remy Ma, whose real name is Reminisce Smith, is wasting no time to get back to work. Shortly after her release from prison, Remy went to the studio to work on a remix to DJ Khaled's "They Don't Love You No More". The raptress' comeback track marks her first work in more than six years.
In the track, Remy talks about coming back to music scene. "When ya'll was on the TV, I was with the PDs / I listened to your CD / Damn, you really wanna be me / Don't care if your name buzzing / You know who the queen be," she raps. "These raps chicks try to stay away from me / Maybe 'cause I caught that case they afraid of me / Rem got that flow and spit it crazily / And it's a fact, I'm everything they portray to be."
Some people speculate that the unnamed raptresses she mentions in the track, which originally featured Jay-Z and Meek Mill, may refer to Nicki Minaj or Iggy Azalea. However, Ma denied it in an interview with Funkmaster Flex, adding that she'd love to have a collaboration with other female rappers. "It'd be dope if we could get a ill chick record. Me, maybe Iggy, Iggy Azalea, Nicki, just do a nice little collabo," she said.
Remy was released from prison on Friday, August 1 after serving six years of her eight-year sentence. In 2008, she was convicted on assault after she shot a member of entourage over missing money.
More Remy Ma News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy