Remy Ma Shares Remix to DJ Khaled's 'They Don't Love You No More'
Remy Ma, whose real name is Reminisce Smith, is wasting no time to get back to work. Shortly after her release from prison, Remy went to the studio to work on a remix to DJ Khaled's "They Don't Love You No More". The raptress' comeback track marks her first work in more than six years.
In the track, Remy talks about coming back to music scene. "When ya'll was on the TV, I was with the PDs / I listened to your CD / Damn, you really wanna be me / Don't care if your name buzzing / You know who the queen be," she raps. "These raps chicks try to stay away from me / Maybe 'cause I caught that case they afraid of me / Rem got that flow and spit it crazily / And it's a fact, I'm everything they portray to be."
Some people speculate that the unnamed raptresses she mentions in the track, which originally featured Jay-Z and Meek Mill, may refer to Nicki Minaj or Iggy Azalea. However, Ma denied it in an interview with Funkmaster Flex, adding that she'd love to have a collaboration with other female rappers. "It'd be dope if we could get a ill chick record. Me, maybe Iggy, Iggy Azalea, Nicki, just do a nice little collabo," she said.
Remy was released from prison on Friday, August 1 after serving six years of her eight-year sentence. In 2008, she was convicted on assault after she shot a member of entourage over missing money.
- Pregnant Again! 'Teen Mom' Star Kailyn Lowry Reveals She Is Expecting Third Child
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- Watch The Heffleys' Messy Road Trip in 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul' First Teaser
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party