Christina Hendricks Fired From Agency for Taking 'Mad Men' Role
Christina Hendricks made a shocking revelation that she was fired from her agency for taking the "Mad Men" role. The 39-year-old actress said was not supported by her previous agency who thought the hit AMC show would never make money.
In an interview with The Guardian, Hendricks said she fell in love with the "Mad Men" script immediately. "I love the idea I have a desk. It makes me sound very professional," she said with a giggle. But her manager was not keen on the idea of her portraying the 60s secretary Joan Harris. "They said, 'It's a period piece, it's never going to go anywhere. We need you to make money and this isn't going to make money.' They ended up dropping me," she recalled.
At that time, Hendricks already had small roles in "ER" and "Without a Trace" but nothing took off. "I had been on several shows that were meant to be the big ones, that would go on for ever, and they didn't. So there was no sure bet and I'd already taken a chance on them and I felt, why not do the one you're in love with and take a chance on that?" she said.
"Mad Men" went on winning critics' favors and multiple Primetime Emmy Awards. It will return for the final leg of its seventh and final season in 2015.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny