Christina Hendricks Fired From Agency for Taking 'Mad Men' Role
Christina Hendricks made a shocking revelation that she was fired from her agency for taking the "Mad Men" role. The 39-year-old actress said was not supported by her previous agency who thought the hit AMC show would never make money.
In an interview with The Guardian, Hendricks said she fell in love with the "Mad Men" script immediately. "I love the idea I have a desk. It makes me sound very professional," she said with a giggle. But her manager was not keen on the idea of her portraying the 60s secretary Joan Harris. "They said, 'It's a period piece, it's never going to go anywhere. We need you to make money and this isn't going to make money.' They ended up dropping me," she recalled.
At that time, Hendricks already had small roles in "ER" and "Without a Trace" but nothing took off. "I had been on several shows that were meant to be the big ones, that would go on for ever, and they didn't. So there was no sure bet and I'd already taken a chance on them and I felt, why not do the one you're in love with and take a chance on that?" she said.
"Mad Men" went on winning critics' favors and multiple Primetime Emmy Awards. It will return for the final leg of its seventh and final season in 2015.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'