Christina Hendricks Fired From Agency for Taking 'Mad Men' Role
Christina Hendricks made a shocking revelation that she was fired from her agency for taking the "Mad Men" role. The 39-year-old actress said was not supported by her previous agency who thought the hit AMC show would never make money.
In an interview with The Guardian, Hendricks said she fell in love with the "Mad Men" script immediately. "I love the idea I have a desk. It makes me sound very professional," she said with a giggle. But her manager was not keen on the idea of her portraying the 60s secretary Joan Harris. "They said, 'It's a period piece, it's never going to go anywhere. We need you to make money and this isn't going to make money.' They ended up dropping me," she recalled.
At that time, Hendricks already had small roles in "ER" and "Without a Trace" but nothing took off. "I had been on several shows that were meant to be the big ones, that would go on for ever, and they didn't. So there was no sure bet and I'd already taken a chance on them and I felt, why not do the one you're in love with and take a chance on that?" she said.
"Mad Men" went on winning critics' favors and multiple Primetime Emmy Awards. It will return for the final leg of its seventh and final season in 2015.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris