'American Idol' Alum Michael Johns Passed Away at 35
Former "American Idol" contestant Michael Johns died Friday, August 1. His manager confirmed his passing in a statement, "It is with a heavy heart and inconsolable sadness that we confirm the passing of our friend Michael Johns."
His family said, "Our family is devastated by the passing of our beloved Michael, a wonderful husband, son, brother, uncle, and friend. We appreciate the outpouring of love and support we have received from all corners of the globe. Please keep Michael in your thoughts and respect our need to grieve privately in this difficult time."
According to his close friend Torrey Gimball, Johns was suffering from pain in his leg before his passing. "My mom took him into the emergency room," his pal told E! News. "He had complained about his leg hurting him, he thought it might be a blood clot because it had bruised pretty badly and he never hurt his leg."
Condolences were pouring in from the "Idol" family. Simon Cowell tweeted, "A truly great guy. Rest in peace Michael," while Randy Jackson wrote, "So Sad. Too soon. Thank you for sharing your talents with us." Paula Abdul said, "I'm so torn up over the news about Michael Johns. Michael was not just an amazing talent, he was an incredible human being who was so full of life that the notion of it stopping is incomprehensible to me. His echo will live on forever..."
Fellow "Idol" alums like Jessica Sanchez, Danny Gokey, Ace Young, David Cook also paid tribute to the late singer/songwriter. Diane Warren who once collaborated with him was among the mourners as well, along with Josh Groban.
Johns participated in the seventh season of and finished in eighth place. He was 35.
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'