Will Ferrell Eying Russ Meyer Role in 'Russ and Roger Go Beyond'
"Russ & Roger Go Beyond" reportedly piques Will Ferrell's interest. According to Deadline, the comedian is circling the role of Russ Meyer, while a number of actors are courting to play Roger Ebert in the film. On top of that, Edgar Wright who just dropped out of Marvel's "Ant-Man" is reportedly "intrigued" by the project.
"Go Beyond" will center on the provocative director Meyer and the movie critic Ebert. They worked together in 1970's "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls", which became Ebert's one and only screenwriting credit. The upcoming movie will focus on the making of the "Valley of the Dolls" and the controversy surrounding the film's X rating.
Ferrell last played lead role in "Anchorman: The Legend Continues", voiced President Business in "The Lego Movie", and produced "Tammy". He will next star in "Welcome to Me" and "Get Hard". Meanwhile, Wright is linked to "Baby Driver" and "Grasshopper Jungle" post the "Ant-Man" departure.
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert