Will Ferrell Eying Russ Meyer Role in 'Russ and Roger Go Beyond'
"Russ & Roger Go Beyond" reportedly piques Will Ferrell's interest. According to Deadline, the comedian is circling the role of Russ Meyer, while a number of actors are courting to play Roger Ebert in the film. On top of that, Edgar Wright who just dropped out of Marvel's "Ant-Man" is reportedly "intrigued" by the project.
"Go Beyond" will center on the provocative director Meyer and the movie critic Ebert. They worked together in 1970's "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls", which became Ebert's one and only screenwriting credit. The upcoming movie will focus on the making of the "Valley of the Dolls" and the controversy surrounding the film's X rating.
Ferrell last played lead role in "Anchorman: The Legend Continues", voiced President Business in "The Lego Movie", and produced "Tammy". He will next star in "Welcome to Me" and "Get Hard". Meanwhile, Wright is linked to "Baby Driver" and "Grasshopper Jungle" post the "Ant-Man" departure.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie