Will Ferrell Eying Russ Meyer Role in 'Russ and Roger Go Beyond'
"Russ & Roger Go Beyond" reportedly piques Will Ferrell's interest. According to Deadline, the comedian is circling the role of Russ Meyer, while a number of actors are courting to play Roger Ebert in the film. On top of that, Edgar Wright who just dropped out of Marvel's "Ant-Man" is reportedly "intrigued" by the project.
"Go Beyond" will center on the provocative director Meyer and the movie critic Ebert. They worked together in 1970's "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls", which became Ebert's one and only screenwriting credit. The upcoming movie will focus on the making of the "Valley of the Dolls" and the controversy surrounding the film's X rating.
Ferrell last played lead role in "Anchorman: The Legend Continues", voiced President Business in "The Lego Movie", and produced "Tammy". He will next star in "Welcome to Me" and "Get Hard". Meanwhile, Wright is linked to "Baby Driver" and "Grasshopper Jungle" post the "Ant-Man" departure.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'