Will Ferrell Eying Russ Meyer Role in 'Russ and Roger Go Beyond'
"Russ & Roger Go Beyond" reportedly piques Will Ferrell's interest. According to Deadline, the comedian is circling the role of Russ Meyer, while a number of actors are courting to play Roger Ebert in the film. On top of that, Edgar Wright who just dropped out of Marvel's "Ant-Man" is reportedly "intrigued" by the project.
"Go Beyond" will center on the provocative director Meyer and the movie critic Ebert. They worked together in 1970's "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls", which became Ebert's one and only screenwriting credit. The upcoming movie will focus on the making of the "Valley of the Dolls" and the controversy surrounding the film's X rating.
Ferrell last played lead role in "Anchorman: The Legend Continues", voiced President Business in "The Lego Movie", and produced "Tammy". He will next star in "Welcome to Me" and "Get Hard". Meanwhile, Wright is linked to "Baby Driver" and "Grasshopper Jungle" post the "Ant-Man" departure.
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli
- 'Game of Thrones': New Photos Reunite the Four Starks, Final Season Episode Count Is Revealed
- Chris Cornell Appeared to Have Used Other Drugs Before Hanging Himself
- Nicki Minaj to Perform at the 2017 NBA Awards
- Is She Pregnant? Cristiano Ronaldo's GF Georgina Rodriguez Sports Suspicious Bump in New Pic
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'