Will Ferrell Eying Russ Meyer Role in 'Russ and Roger Go Beyond'
"Russ & Roger Go Beyond" reportedly piques Will Ferrell's interest. According to Deadline, the comedian is circling the role of Russ Meyer, while a number of actors are courting to play Roger Ebert in the film. On top of that, Edgar Wright who just dropped out of Marvel's "Ant-Man" is reportedly "intrigued" by the project.
"Go Beyond" will center on the provocative director Meyer and the movie critic Ebert. They worked together in 1970's "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls", which became Ebert's one and only screenwriting credit. The upcoming movie will focus on the making of the "Valley of the Dolls" and the controversy surrounding the film's X rating.
Ferrell last played lead role in "Anchorman: The Legend Continues", voiced President Business in "The Lego Movie", and produced "Tammy". He will next star in "Welcome to Me" and "Get Hard". Meanwhile, Wright is linked to "Baby Driver" and "Grasshopper Jungle" post the "Ant-Man" departure.
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion