Michael Strahan and Fiancee Nicole Murphy Split
Michael Strahan and Nicole Murphy ended their relationship on Friday, August 1, after being engaged for 5 years. The former couple called it off just one day before Strahan was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Distance was apparently a contributing factor in the decision. A representative for the former football star told PEOPLE in a statement, "They love each other very much, but with the distance and work schedule it has been hard to maintain the relationship."
The "Live! with Kelly and Michael" host started dating Murphy in 2007. Strahan was previously married to Jean Muggli while Murphy's a former wife of Eddie Murphy. Strahan and Murphy got engaged in 2009. The two have nine children between them and have kept quite about their personal lives throughout the relationship.
In a recent interview with Ebony magazine, Strahan revealed that Murphy was the perfect woman for him because the 46-year-old beauty was very family-oriented. The "Good Morning America" co-host said, "It's great. As a divorced man, you just want somebody around your kids who's respectful and will treat them like her own. When you understand that, there's never any issue. We laugh and are at graduations and birthday parties, you know... all that stuff."
The former New York Giants star continued, "I love the kids and the family. For us, it's key that we maintain normalcy. We have a great life. People can buy into their own celebrity, and that's a dangerous thing."
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene
- 'Riverdale' Season 2 May Introduce Toni Topaz
- Emily Blunt, Zoe Saldana and More Are Ponies and Manes in First Full Trailer for 'My Little Pony'
- Watch Steve Aoki, DVBBS and 2 Chainz's Futuristic Video for 'Without U'
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- 'This Is Us' Ups Two Actors to Series Regulars for Season 2
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding