'Shield' Star Michael Jace Waives Right to Preliminary Hearing
Actor Michael Jace will head to trial for murdering his wife. As reported by The Associated Press, the former star of FX's "The Shield" waived his right to a preliminary hearing on Friday, August 1 at the Los Angeles Superior Court.
The decision means that the murder case will continue without the initial presentation of evidence. The 51-year-old actor's attorney Jason Sias told the news outlet that the case was still under investigation and that defense would be presented during trial. Jace's next court appearance has been scheduled for August 15.
Jace is accused of shooting his 40-year-old wife April Jace at their home in Hyde Park neighborhood in May. Jace then called 911 and admitted his action. The pair's two young children were at home when the incident took place. "It's unclear if they saw the shooting, but they heard the shooting," LAPD Det. Sal LaBarbera told CBS LA. back then. The authorities have not disclosed the motive of the murder.
Jace probably is mostly remembered for playing a police officer on "The Shield". He also had some minor roles in other titles such as 1994's "Forrest Gump", 1997's "Boogie Nights" and 2001's "Planet of the Apes".
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip