'Shield' Star Michael Jace Waives Right to Preliminary Hearing
Actor Michael Jace will head to trial for murdering his wife. As reported by The Associated Press, the former star of FX's "The Shield" waived his right to a preliminary hearing on Friday, August 1 at the Los Angeles Superior Court.
The decision means that the murder case will continue without the initial presentation of evidence. The 51-year-old actor's attorney Jason Sias told the news outlet that the case was still under investigation and that defense would be presented during trial. Jace's next court appearance has been scheduled for August 15.
Jace is accused of shooting his 40-year-old wife April Jace at their home in Hyde Park neighborhood in May. Jace then called 911 and admitted his action. The pair's two young children were at home when the incident took place. "It's unclear if they saw the shooting, but they heard the shooting," LAPD Det. Sal LaBarbera told CBS LA. back then. The authorities have not disclosed the motive of the murder.
Jace probably is mostly remembered for playing a police officer on "The Shield". He also had some minor roles in other titles such as 1994's "Forrest Gump", 1997's "Boogie Nights" and 2001's "Planet of the Apes".
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March