Peter MacNicol Joins 'CSI: Cyber' as Series Regular
"CSI: Cyber" adds another series regular. Peter MacNicol will play Assistant Director Stavros Sifter, a career FBI insider and supervisor of Special Agent Avery Ryan (Patricia Arquette) for the Cyber Crime Division in Washington, D.C.
Sifter quickly rose up the ranks and positioned himself in a job where he is the clearing house between FBI Cyber and all other branches of government. The character is described as a shrewd and savvy networker; a charmer with a hint of malice.
The procedural series is scheduled to debut midseason on CBS. Inspired by producer Mary Aiken's previous work as a cyber-psychologist, the "CSI" spin-off also stars Charley Koontz as another main character, FBI Tech Specialist Daniel Grummitz.
MacNicol, 60, is known for his roles as eccentric lawyer John Cage on FOX's dramedy series "Ally McBeal" and as physicist Dr. Larry Fleinhardt on CBS's crime drama series "NUMB3RS".
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video