Peter MacNicol Joins 'CSI: Cyber' as Series Regular
"CSI: Cyber" adds another series regular. Peter MacNicol will play Assistant Director Stavros Sifter, a career FBI insider and supervisor of Special Agent Avery Ryan (Patricia Arquette) for the Cyber Crime Division in Washington, D.C.
Sifter quickly rose up the ranks and positioned himself in a job where he is the clearing house between FBI Cyber and all other branches of government. The character is described as a shrewd and savvy networker; a charmer with a hint of malice.
The procedural series is scheduled to debut midseason on CBS. Inspired by producer Mary Aiken's previous work as a cyber-psychologist, the "CSI" spin-off also stars Charley Koontz as another main character, FBI Tech Specialist Daniel Grummitz.
MacNicol, 60, is known for his roles as eccentric lawyer John Cage on FOX's dramedy series "Ally McBeal" and as physicist Dr. Larry Fleinhardt on CBS's crime drama series "NUMB3RS".
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards