Bill Murray to Voice Baloo the Bear in Disney's 'Jungle Book'
While WB's "Jungle Book: Origins" books a release date, Disney's "The Jungle Book" adds a new cast member. The movie to be directed by Jon Favreau taps Bill Murray to lend his voice to Baloo, the friendly bear in Rudyard Kipling's classic story.
The Mouse House locks October 9, 2015 as a release date for their Mowgli movie. Neel Sethi will play the titular kid, while big names like Idris Elba, Ben Kingsley, Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o, and Christopher Walken are among the voice cast members.
Warner Bros., meanwhile, plans to release their "Jungle Book" flick a year later on October 21, 2016 to be exact. Andy Serkis serves behind the lens and Steve Cloves ("Harry Potter" movies) writes the screenplay with his daughter Callie. No actor is signed on for the project.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton