Bill Murray to Voice Baloo the Bear in Disney's 'Jungle Book'
While WB's "Jungle Book: Origins" books a release date, Disney's "The Jungle Book" adds a new cast member. The movie to be directed by Jon Favreau taps Bill Murray to lend his voice to Baloo, the friendly bear in Rudyard Kipling's classic story.
The Mouse House locks October 9, 2015 as a release date for their Mowgli movie. Neel Sethi will play the titular kid, while big names like Idris Elba, Ben Kingsley, Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o, and Christopher Walken are among the voice cast members.
Warner Bros., meanwhile, plans to release their "Jungle Book" flick a year later on October 21, 2016 to be exact. Andy Serkis serves behind the lens and Steve Cloves ("Harry Potter" movies) writes the screenplay with his daughter Callie. No actor is signed on for the project.
More The Jungle Book News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris