Bill Murray to Voice Baloo the Bear in Disney's 'Jungle Book'
While WB's "Jungle Book: Origins" books a release date, Disney's "The Jungle Book" adds a new cast member. The movie to be directed by Jon Favreau taps Bill Murray to lend his voice to Baloo, the friendly bear in Rudyard Kipling's classic story.
The Mouse House locks October 9, 2015 as a release date for their Mowgli movie. Neel Sethi will play the titular kid, while big names like Idris Elba, Ben Kingsley, Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o, and Christopher Walken are among the voice cast members.
Warner Bros., meanwhile, plans to release their "Jungle Book" flick a year later on October 21, 2016 to be exact. Andy Serkis serves behind the lens and Steve Cloves ("Harry Potter" movies) writes the screenplay with his daughter Callie. No actor is signed on for the project.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes