Bill Murray to Voice Baloo the Bear in Disney's 'Jungle Book'
While WB's "Jungle Book: Origins" books a release date, Disney's "The Jungle Book" adds a new cast member. The movie to be directed by Jon Favreau taps Bill Murray to lend his voice to Baloo, the friendly bear in Rudyard Kipling's classic story.
The Mouse House locks October 9, 2015 as a release date for their Mowgli movie. Neel Sethi will play the titular kid, while big names like Idris Elba, Ben Kingsley, Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o, and Christopher Walken are among the voice cast members.
Warner Bros., meanwhile, plans to release their "Jungle Book" flick a year later on October 21, 2016 to be exact. Andy Serkis serves behind the lens and Steve Cloves ("Harry Potter" movies) writes the screenplay with his daughter Callie. No actor is signed on for the project.
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease