Bill Murray to Voice Baloo the Bear in Disney's 'Jungle Book'
While WB's "Jungle Book: Origins" books a release date, Disney's "The Jungle Book" adds a new cast member. The movie to be directed by Jon Favreau taps Bill Murray to lend his voice to Baloo, the friendly bear in Rudyard Kipling's classic story.
The Mouse House locks October 9, 2015 as a release date for their Mowgli movie. Neel Sethi will play the titular kid, while big names like Idris Elba, Ben Kingsley, Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o, and Christopher Walken are among the voice cast members.
Warner Bros., meanwhile, plans to release their "Jungle Book" flick a year later on October 21, 2016 to be exact. Andy Serkis serves behind the lens and Steve Cloves ("Harry Potter" movies) writes the screenplay with his daughter Callie. No actor is signed on for the project.
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role