Production of 'Big Bang Theory' to Resume Next Wednesday
The production of "The Big Bang Theory" was halted earlier this week due to a contract dispute with some of the series' stars. However, fans of the CBS sitcom don't have to worry as Deadline has reported that the production is now scheduled to resume this coming Wednesday, August 6.
The delay was announced by Warner Bros. TV on Wednesday, July 30, the same day Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco among others were supposed to return from their summer hiatus for a table reading of the first episode for the show's eighth season.
"Due to ongoing contract negotiations, production on 'The Big Bang Theory' - which was originally scheduled to begin today - has been postponed," the studio said in a statement.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco are now trying to get $1 million per episode. For the show's season 7, each of them received $350,000 per 22 minutes of televisual viewing.
"One well-placed insider" has told Fox News that the actors will likely have their demands met. Industry experts also expressed a similar sentiment. Entertainment attorney Julian Chan said, "Since the actors are negotiating together, I expect them to have fairly similar deals."
"What they want is completely reasonable considering the financial success of the show. It's all about balance. The show has proven long-term success and is ensemble-driven, and the balance favors the wealth with the cast," the attorney added.
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'