Robin Roberts' Alleged Stalker Arrested by Police
A man has been accused of stalking "Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts (II) and even threatening to punch her in the face. The man who was identified as 42-year-old Troy Warren was arrested on Monday, July 28, following reports from the studio security guards.
According to court records, Warren showed up outside the ABC studios in New York at least eight times between June 10 and June 24 while Roberts was inside the studio. The man, who was believed to be homeless, demanded to see Roberts. "When I see her, I'm going to punch her in the face," he told "GMA" security director Michael Centrella. He also said that the cancer-surviving anchor owed him some money.
"Due to the defendant's above described conduct, Ms. Robin Roberts fears for her physical safety and well-being," the authorities said.
"The safety and security of the entire GMA family is a priority and we are grateful for the Disney security team and their vigilance," ABC said in a statement to E! News, "we broadcast from Times Square, one of the busiest areas of Manhattan, and are lucky to have the support of NYPD in ensuring the safety of our employees and audience."
Warren was arraigned on Wednesday, July 30, in Manhattan Criminal Court. He pleaded not guilty to stalking in the fourth degree and harassment in the first degree, both misdemeanors. A judge set bail at $3,000 and issued an order of protection mandating that Warren stay away from Roberts.
Warren's next court appearance is scheduled for August 4.
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell