Robin Roberts' Alleged Stalker Arrested by Police
A man has been accused of stalking "Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts (II) and even threatening to punch her in the face. The man who was identified as 42-year-old Troy Warren was arrested on Monday, July 28, following reports from the studio security guards.
According to court records, Warren showed up outside the ABC studios in New York at least eight times between June 10 and June 24 while Roberts was inside the studio. The man, who was believed to be homeless, demanded to see Roberts. "When I see her, I'm going to punch her in the face," he told "GMA" security director Michael Centrella. He also said that the cancer-surviving anchor owed him some money.
"Due to the defendant's above described conduct, Ms. Robin Roberts fears for her physical safety and well-being," the authorities said.
"The safety and security of the entire GMA family is a priority and we are grateful for the Disney security team and their vigilance," ABC said in a statement to E! News, "we broadcast from Times Square, one of the busiest areas of Manhattan, and are lucky to have the support of NYPD in ensuring the safety of our employees and audience."
Warren was arraigned on Wednesday, July 30, in Manhattan Criminal Court. He pleaded not guilty to stalking in the fourth degree and harassment in the first degree, both misdemeanors. A judge set bail at $3,000 and issued an order of protection mandating that Warren stay away from Roberts.
Warren's next court appearance is scheduled for August 4.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival