Katy Perry on Motherhood: I Don't Need a Dude to Have Children
Katy Perry opens up about her plan to have children, with or without a man. The pop star reveals in the August issue of Rolling Stone that she is open to the idea of having children without a man's help.
"I don't need a dude. I mean, Neil and David, their twins are beautiful. It's 2014! We are living in the future, we don't need anything. I don't think I'll have to, but we'll see," the singer says. Katy explains that it does not mean she hates men. She adds, "I'm not anti-men. I love men. But there is an option if someone doesn't present himself."
However, the pop star admits that she is not ready to become a mom yet. She is holding back until her life calms down. She says, "I want to be doing that in the right time. And that's not in the next two years, you know?"
"I see that my sister is completely devoted to [her] kid, 24 hours a day," The "Roar" singer continues, referring to her sister Angela Hudson who gave birth to her first child in February, "And so far, the little girl is so alert, so aware, so conscious, so beautiful, so happy, and I want to be doing that in the right time, and that's not in the next two years, you know? Maybe it's in a five-year plan, but I need to really be able to focus 100 percent of my attention on it. I don't really want to take the child on tour. Not until, like, birth through five is over..."
Katy also opens up about the emotional "trauma" she suffered as a result of her divorce from former husband Russell Brand. "It was the death of a dream. I was in fairy tale land, and the reality of it wasn't so," she says.
Although the 29-year-old star is not waiting for the right man to start a family together, she admits that she is looking for "colorful personalities" when it comes to men. "I'm interested in colorful personalities. Look, I can't be perfect. I don't know. I think you love who you love. You learn over time. I mean, each one has been different," the singer explains.
More Katy Perry News
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!