Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Exchanged Handwritten Love Letters While Filming Apart
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt kept their romance alive while filming on opposite sides of the world by exchanging handwritten love letters. Jolie recently opened up to Australia's TV WEEK magazine about the old-fashioned romance.
Jolie was in Australia directing "Unbroken", her World War II Louis Zamperini biopic. Meanwhile, Pitt was shooting his Nazi period drama "Fury" in London. Since both were working on historical dramas, the famous couple decided to act as if they lived in another era where separated lovers had to send each other letters.
"We decided to be of that time when we could imagine he was in the European theatre and I was in the Pacific theater," Jolie revealed, "we wrote hand-written letters to each other that were very connecting for us, thinking of the people that were separated for months if not years at a time back then."
The mother of six continued, "He was supportive from a distance and it was quite romantic in a way."
Jolie, along with the couple's kids, relocated to Australia in 2013 to shoot the film adaptation of Laura Hillenbrand's best-selling novel "Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption". The drama stars Jack O'Connell, Garrett Hedlund, and Domhnall Gleeson and is based on the true story of Olympian and World War II POW Louis Zamperini, who passed away in early July at age 97.
Jolie was able to meet Zamperini just before he died from pneumonia to show him a rough cut of her film. "I brought him the film on my laptop in the hospital and it was amazing seeing someone at the end of their life watching their life unfold again, at the same time their body was shutting down," she said emotionally.
The Oscar-winning actress continued, "He wanted me to make the movie to show something hopeful about the strength of the human spirit that can pull us through. He reminded me to have my surgery in the year that I did and he reminded me to appreciate every day of my life."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret