Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Exchanged Handwritten Love Letters While Filming Apart
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt kept their romance alive while filming on opposite sides of the world by exchanging handwritten love letters. Jolie recently opened up to Australia's TV WEEK magazine about the old-fashioned romance.
Jolie was in Australia directing "Unbroken", her World War II Louis Zamperini biopic. Meanwhile, Pitt was shooting his Nazi period drama "Fury" in London. Since both were working on historical dramas, the famous couple decided to act as if they lived in another era where separated lovers had to send each other letters.
"We decided to be of that time when we could imagine he was in the European theatre and I was in the Pacific theater," Jolie revealed, "we wrote hand-written letters to each other that were very connecting for us, thinking of the people that were separated for months if not years at a time back then."
The mother of six continued, "He was supportive from a distance and it was quite romantic in a way."
Jolie, along with the couple's kids, relocated to Australia in 2013 to shoot the film adaptation of Laura Hillenbrand's best-selling novel "Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption". The drama stars Jack O'Connell, Garrett Hedlund, and Domhnall Gleeson and is based on the true story of Olympian and World War II POW Louis Zamperini, who passed away in early July at age 97.
Jolie was able to meet Zamperini just before he died from pneumonia to show him a rough cut of her film. "I brought him the film on my laptop in the hospital and it was amazing seeing someone at the end of their life watching their life unfold again, at the same time their body was shutting down," she said emotionally.
The Oscar-winning actress continued, "He wanted me to make the movie to show something hopeful about the strength of the human spirit that can pull us through. He reminded me to have my surgery in the year that I did and he reminded me to appreciate every day of my life."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year