Robert Pattinson on Kristen Stewart's Cheating Scandal: 'It's Normal'
Robert Pattinson doesn't hold grudge although Kristen Stewart cheated on him back in 2012 when they were still dating. "S**t happens, you know?" the British actor tells Esquire U.K. with a laugh when asked about his split with his "Twilight" co-star following her cheating scandal with director Rupert Sanders, who was married to Liberty Ross at the time. "It's just young people... it's normal! And honestly, who gives a s**t?"
The Cedric Diggory of "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire", however, admits that facing questions about the affair was tough. "The hardest part was talking about it afterwards. Because when you talk about other people, it affects them in ways you can't predict," he says. "It's like that scene in 'Doubt' [2008, in which Philip Seymour Hoffman plays a priest suspected of inappropriate behaviour], where he's talking about how to take back gossip? They throw all those feathers from a pillow into the sky and you've got to go and collect all the feathers."
On dealing with fame at such young age and being hounded by paparazzi, the 28-year-old heartthrob shares, "There was a time, three years ago, when I didn't know where to live where I wouldn't be trapped in my home, you know? But I worked it out. It's not that big a deal in the end. Half of it is in your head."
Pattinson's latest movie "The Rover" hit limited theaters last June. He will next be seen in David Cronenberg's R-rated drama "Maps to the Stars" which also stars Julianne Moore, John Cusack, and Mia Wasikowska among others. The movie was premiered at Cannes International Film Festival last May, but still has no U.S. release date.
More Robert Pattinson News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences