Robert Pattinson on Kristen Stewart's Cheating Scandal: 'It's Normal'
Robert Pattinson doesn't hold grudge although Kristen Stewart cheated on him back in 2012 when they were still dating. "S**t happens, you know?" the British actor tells Esquire U.K. with a laugh when asked about his split with his "Twilight" co-star following her cheating scandal with director Rupert Sanders, who was married to Liberty Ross at the time. "It's just young people... it's normal! And honestly, who gives a s**t?"
The Cedric Diggory of "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire", however, admits that facing questions about the affair was tough. "The hardest part was talking about it afterwards. Because when you talk about other people, it affects them in ways you can't predict," he says. "It's like that scene in 'Doubt' [2008, in which Philip Seymour Hoffman plays a priest suspected of inappropriate behaviour], where he's talking about how to take back gossip? They throw all those feathers from a pillow into the sky and you've got to go and collect all the feathers."
On dealing with fame at such young age and being hounded by paparazzi, the 28-year-old heartthrob shares, "There was a time, three years ago, when I didn't know where to live where I wouldn't be trapped in my home, you know? But I worked it out. It's not that big a deal in the end. Half of it is in your head."
Pattinson's latest movie "The Rover" hit limited theaters last June. He will next be seen in David Cronenberg's R-rated drama "Maps to the Stars" which also stars Julianne Moore, John Cusack, and Mia Wasikowska among others. The movie was premiered at Cannes International Film Festival last May, but still has no U.S. release date.
More Robert Pattinson News
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz